Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ELT school

Author Topic: ELT school  (Read 8586 times)

Offline irmechanic

• Very Lite User
ELT school
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:02 »
Can somebody please tell me where the ELT school is? All I'm seeing on google and forum searches is just information on what an ELT is. Thanks in advance.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: ELT school
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:28 »
Can somebody please tell me where the ELT school is? All I'm seeing on google and forum searches is just information on what an ELT is. Thanks in advance.

If you are selected, I'm sure someone will tell you.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:35 »
If you are selected, I'm sure someone will tell you.

Now that's funny.....
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:11 »

Where are you going to prototype?
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:00 »

Offline irmechanic

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:34 »
I don't know where I'm going to prototype yet, I just got to power school.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:37 »

Baby steps mechanic,....baby steps,.... 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:36 »
Tell them you want ELT school in San Diego. It's a great base and usually if you want ELT school there you'll get it.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:05 »

You could try looking here
http://www.elt-online.co.uk/

or here

http://www.mass2020.org/node/15

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:33 »

You could try looking here
http://www.elt-online.co.uk/

or here

http://www.mass2020.org/node/15

Cynicism??? I hope your excusions into PolySci haven't jaded you.  ;)

I like it!!! Welcome to Curmogens-R-Us.   [salute]

irmechanic... ELT school will be a holdover at Prototype if you are selected. I'm a little long in the tooth to give current specifics on how to enhance your chance of selection, but good luck.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:45 »
To prevent any arguments which may occur

ELT schools are based out of the prototype you go to. Same location as your prototype of choice.

To be chosen ELT is speculated on, but they now try to pick from all levels to get a variety of persons (i.e. some from bottom half, some at midway, some top half). A widely accepted notion is they also pick people they like. It certainly will NOT hurt you to bust your butt, make friends with ELT's, and let the MMC in charge of picking ELT's know you want to be an ELT.  I watched my best friend get fought over to be an ELT, he was bottom-half, bottom-half, consistently behind in quals. He busted his hump, and worked harder then everyone at that place, and was well liked by everyone. He became a spu and made first class before he left for his ship.

HOWEVER, you need to be focusing on getting through prototype with some modicum of success before focusing on your long term goal of being an ELT. Besides, you don't even know what the job is yet, you should probably wait to see before wanting it...

Offline irmechanic

• Very Lite User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:05 »
ok thanks for the information

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?