Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Cradle to Grave - When should I start the hiring process honeypot

Author Topic: Cradle to Grave - When should I start the hiring process  (Read 6201 times)

Offline gsamelon

• Light User
Former Navy Navigator - Good Standing - left the Navy due to family pressures, not promotion or screening issues - Did well at NPS and Proto - Qualified ENG, was able to hand pick a job though from my shore tour so I chose NAV :)

Currently working for a conventional utility as a plant manager - though company outlook for future looks dim as no growth expected for next several years.

What is the timeframe from application to starting work?  I only ask because I have a year contract hinged on a signing bonus that I have no desire to pay back - that contract ends in April - is it too early to start applying?

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Cradle to Grave - When should I start the hiring process
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:43 »
Can you be more specific on what you mean by application to starting work? I mean..., where? What jobs? Etc?

If you mean operations at a nuclear utility, no, it isn't too early. In fact, some ships have already set sail for this summer/fall class ups.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline gsamelon

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:44 »
I mean from starting the job search from scratch - it doesn't sound like it would be a problem based on the discussions I have ready - but I just want to make sure I don't apply for something and things move too quickly and I have to take employment before my current contract is up.

Hope that helps!  Thanks for your help.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:48 »
You can start now. Good luck!

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline gsamelon

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2012, 04:07 »
Well, I got an interview.  Anybody done a Profiles XT assessment?  Is it something you can prepare for (technical knowledge) or just a personality assessment? 

Is there any technical info you all would suggest reviewing prior to the face-to-face interview or will that stuff not typically come up.

Thanks for the help!

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2012, 05:29 »
Well, I got an interview.  Anybody done a Profiles XT assessment?  Is it something you can prepare for (technical knowledge) or just a personality assessment? 

Is there any technical info you all would suggest reviewing prior to the face-to-face interview or will that stuff not typically come up.

Thanks for the help!

I believe it's one of those leadership assessments that tell one nothing about the ability to lead or pass a utility training course, but are fine at showing the shining stars of thought process automation.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

Offline gsamelon

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:27 »
Well the timing worked well.  Starting at Southern Co in June.  Thanks for the help!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?