Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Getting a waiver.

Author Topic: Getting a waiver.  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Sauteed milk

• Lurker
Getting a waiver.
« on: Mar 02, 2012, 09:17 »
okay, i made a 90 on my ASVAB and my line scores were good enough that my recruiter suggested i try for the nuke program, my line scores werent high enough to be excluded from the NAPT so i took it a few weeks ago and made a 64 (i was told i needed a 55), and everything was fine until the navy recieved my high school (and one semester of college) transcripts.  The grades were terrible to be honest but it was due to me being a bonehead student, skipping class, etc. but my recruiter says when i go in for boot camp i can apply for a waiver and could still get into the nuclear power program.  I'm alot smarter than my grades reflected and my main question is are my chances good or not of recieving a waiver? Any extra info would be helpful/appreciated.

drayer54

Re: Getting a waiver.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2012, 10:58 »
ok i recently took the ASVAB and made a 91 and my line scores werent high enough so i took the NAPT and made a 64 (both with no studying) i know this isnt the best score but about where would i be in my class?
i'v suffered my whole school career from simple lack of motivation, never doing homework and "getting by" by simply doing well on tests...i am 19 (20 in april) and the biggest question i have is what all do i need to know and study before i ship out and what should i start studying, such as math, physics, chemistry, etc.

okay, i made a 90 on my ASVAB and my line scores were good enough that my recruiter suggested i try for the nuke program, my line scores werent high enough to be excluded from the NAPT so i took it a few weeks ago and made a 64 (i was told i needed a 55), and everything was fine until the navy recieved my high school (and one semester of college) transcripts.  The grades were terrible to be honest but it was due to me being a bonehead student, skipping class, etc. but my recruiter says when i go in for boot camp i can apply for a waiver and could still get into the nuclear power program.  I'm alot smarter than my grades reflected and my main question is are my chances good or not of recieving a waiver? Any extra info would be helpful/appreciated.

Same song, new thread. New bad story from the recruiter. New lower score. That which is not in your contract is a wild gamble. That applies to a lot more than enlisting. Good life advice.

Ask the ' bull nuke' on Facebook regarding the waiver for a more accurate prediction regarding the waiver. Spell check your email too by the way. Lowercase I always looks lazy....

Good luck!
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2012, 11:01 by Drayer »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Getting a waiver.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:20 »
What rating(s) are you looking  at if no waiver comes forth?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?