Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NLO Braidwood May 2012

Author Topic: NLO Braidwood May 2012  (Read 10584 times)

Offline thompson85k5

• Very Lite User
NLO Braidwood May 2012
« on: Mar 07, 2012, 09:21 »
I am curious to know if anyone has been contacted about the NLO openings in Braidwood for May 2012. I applied 2 weeks ago and have not been contacted so far. The position is currently posted on the nukeworker job boards but is no longer on the Exelon website.
I am starting to suspect I applied to late or my resume bombed. Any info would be appreciated. In addition, if anyone would review my resume I would welcome and appreciate the critique.

~Chris

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Re: NLO Braidwood May 2012
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2012, 11:45 »
Exelon is pretty bad about contacting. If you weren't contacted, its most likely you weren't selected.  Other companies are hiring, get hot on that if you want to work there.

Offline thompson85k5

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2012, 12:28 »
Exelon is pretty bad about contacting. If you weren't contacted, its most likely you weren't selected.  Other companies are hiring, get hot on that if you want to work there.
Thanks for the reply Starkist

~Chris
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2012, 11:57 by thompson85k5 »

Gardenhoser92

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2012, 10:38 »
I interviewed today for the Braidwood NLO position. I took the POSS and BMST February 27. They told me I wouldn't hear anything until the middle of April.

As an aside, I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions as boolean searches in the forum gave little help. I am graduating in May with a BS in Chemical Engineering from the University of Illinois and am not too knowledgeable about the credentials the perfect NLO brings to the table. I worked as a Reliability Engineering intern at Dow AgroSciences in Indianapolis with projects pertaining to corporate and national safety regulation standards. My GPA is lower than I would like at 2.7. My first question is does my educational and work experience put me in the upper echelon of candidates? What in general is the percentage of interviewed candidates that get hired on? How often do NLO classes start on average per year?

I apologize for my elementary and vague questions. I am only doing this because I have read a decent amount of posts where quality information has been posted to help those like me with little to no previous knowledge as to how things work. I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Offline buckeye99

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2012, 09:11 »
I think with a bs you'll fit into the ideal mix of a class. Not graduating with a high gpa is not a big deal, just as long as you have some people skills to offset it. Ops is more like field engineering, and people skills are needed.

Gardenhoser92

« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:19 »
I know the class size for the position is 10. Anyone have an estimate as to how many people they interview typically for a class?

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:26 »
I know the class size for the position is 10. Anyone have an estimate as to how many people they interview typically for a class?

Not pertinent as it has nothing to do with your ability to get the job.

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:20 »

Do you know if you passed the POSS and BMST?

Gardenhoser92

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2012, 01:11 »
yes, passed both feb 27.

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2012, 10:02 »
yes, passed both feb 27.

If you haven't contacted your HR recruiter to follow up then you need to start there.  They should be pretty upfront about where they are in the process.  Even if you haven't made the top 10, you could still get an offer if their first picks choose to go elsewhere.

Anyone saying that GPA doesn't matter is wrong.  People skills are important, but GPA is a permanent record of how hard you are willing to work.  The first six months of being an NLO is all classroom based.  There is hardly any time scheduled in the plant.

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2012, 08:13 »
They are still interviewing for this position.  From my experience, if they want you bad, they will immediately make an offer.  Otherwise, they may wait a few more weeks.  My friend is being flown out next week for an interview....

Offline thompson85k5

• Very Lite User
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2012, 12:35 »
They are still interviewing for this position.  From my experience, if they want you bad, they will immediately make an offer.  Otherwise, they may wait a few more weeks.  My friend is being flown out next week for an interview....

Hmmmmm. Maybe my resume isn’t doing the trick. Anyone care to do a quick review for me? I would appreciate it and would welcome the critique.

Gardenhoser92

« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2012, 08:21 »
Anyone know if they are still interviewing for this position? Last I heard was a decision by mid April.

Chris, I may not be the most capable critique but I am willing to have a look and give some feedback if you want. My email is roesler2@illinois.edu.

Offline thompson85k5

• Very Lite User
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2012, 08:21 »
Thanks. I just sent it to you.
I also applied for the Morris position and Calvert Cliffs. I’m not naive, competition is fierce and I’m a typical 6 and out nuke MM working on getting my degree. Meh, just going to keep trying!!!! Can’t get what you don’t ask for.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2012, 11:19 by thompson85k5 »

Gardenhoser92

« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2012, 02:22 »
Anyone know how Exelon's "alternate" works? I was chosen as an alternate for the position and was wondering how often they are offered jobs after the initial offers are sent to those who earned them.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 10, 2012, 08:27 »
Hello there mates.I have 20 years of working in a nuclear power plant(CANDU).I did comminsioning, I led the decontamination departarment ,now i'm working as a decontamination specalist(decontamination  of oil contaminated with tritium and other radio nuclides,radioactive solvent and scintillator  liquid ,solidification and treatement of radioactive oil.etc) and i'm also an Inspector  in Health and Safety.I've never worked in the usa...but i'm a EU citizen.What do you recommend for me because I applied for so many jobs with no positive answer.

One thing you are doing wrong is triple (so far) posting. Pick a spot, post your question. Delete the others.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2012, 08:28 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?