Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Medical Waiver For NUPOC program

Author Topic: Medical Waiver For NUPOC program  (Read 2086 times)

Offline RMyers0887

• Lurker
Medical Waiver For NUPOC program
« on: Mar 29, 2012, 11:25 »
Hello,
My name is Robert and I just joined the Nukeworker.com website. I am currently on active duty in the Air Force, been in for almost 10 yrs. I just recently got accepted to UTSA as a transfer student from a community college with a 3.2 GPA in Pre-Engineering. At UTSA I plan to pursue my BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering. My ultimate goal is to commission in the Navy working on a Aircraft Carrier or Submarine. My date of separation from the Air Force is coming up in August 2012, but in May 2011 I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism and Grave's Disease. They want to give me a radioactive iodine pill to kill the thyroid, which in turn will make me hypothyroidism. As a result I will need to take a hormonal replacement called Synthroid. My question is will I still be able to do the NUPOC program while taking Synthroid and after my T3 and T4 levels are back to normal.
Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?