Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Radiation tolerant cameras honeypot

Author Topic: Radiation tolerant cameras  (Read 3150 times)

Offline industrialsecurity

• Lurker
Radiation tolerant cameras
« on: Apr 02, 2012, 09:38 »
Can anyone tell me how many radiation hardened cameras (CCTV) are normally used in power plants within the U.S.?
I am sure that there is a difference between PWR and BWR plants and would like to have an idea if anyone knows. I am referring to cameras located within containment by the way.
Thanks!!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Radiation tolerant cameras
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2012, 09:50 »
Can anyone tell me how many radiation hardened cameras (CCTV) are normally used in power plants within the U.S.?
I am sure that there is a difference between PWR and BWR plants and would like to have an idea if anyone knows. I am referring to cameras located within containment by the way.
Thanks!!

Where they are located is of no consequence. Knowing what level of rad-hardening you need in a camera is the question.

Offline industrialsecurity

• Lurker
Re: Radiation tolerant cameras
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2012, 09:58 »
There isn't a general rule of thumb?? Here in Europe we are using anywhere from 15 to 20 cameras within containment. It is common knowledge. Korea uses around 30 for their PWRs.
I didn't understand your answer exactly, I am not asking about security cameras, but rather process surveillance....maybe I phrased the question wrong.
Thanks!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?