Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Nuke Beginner honeypot

Author Topic: Navy Nuke Beginner  (Read 5207 times)

Offline Donovan789

• Lurker
Navy Nuke Beginner
« on: Apr 03, 2012, 04:36 »
Hello everyone, My name is Donovan Jones. In November I went into DEP for the Nuclear Program and have a few questions. I have picked EM as the rate im going to strive to get, I know that the Navy eventually decides but at least theres a dream sheet we fill out. For prior Navy Nukes what was your life like at sea? Is liberty harder to come by as a Nuke or is it simply all the same? My main question though is I have been re-reading my contract and I found a form entitled Nuclear Field Medical Statement of Understanding. It basicly states that MEPS does not have the required staff to determine if you are medically qualified for the NF. Can anyone tell me what sort of things could possibly disqualify someone from the program at RTC? Thank You all responses are appreciated.

drayer54

Re: Navy Nuke Beginner
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2012, 04:39 »
Hello everyone, My name is Donovan Jones. In November I went into DEP for the Nuclear Program and have a few questions. I have picked EM as the rate im going to strive to get, I know that the Navy eventually decides but at least theres a dream sheet we fill out. For prior Navy Nukes what was your life like at sea? Is liberty harder to come by as a Nuke or is it simply all the same? My main question though is I have been re-reading my contract and I found a form entitled Nuclear Field Medical Statement of Understanding. It basicly states that MEPS does not have the required staff to determine if you are medically qualified for the NF. Can anyone tell me what sort of things could possibly disqualify someone from the program at RTC? Thank You all responses are appreciated.

If nothing is wrong with you, then you have nothing to worry about. If you have something wrong with you and are concerned... now is the time to ask about it.

Hiding something based on a recruiters advice is never advised....

The rest has been answered here many a time.

Good Luck!

Offline Donovan789

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2012, 05:39 »
Nope nothing wrong. I got through my MEPS physical fine and entirely honstly. I have come up with one more question though. Is there any way to become an officer while in the nuclear pipeline or after prototype school?

drayer54

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:02 »
Nope nothing wrong. I got through my MEPS physical fine and entirely honstly. I have come up with one more question though. Is there any way to become an officer while in the nuclear pipeline or after prototype school?

This has also been answered many a time on this site. Search for STA-21, NUPOC, and Officer Programs.

Good Luck!

Offline bdhoe

• Light User
  • Retreating is always an option...
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2012, 12:17 »
Well if your thinking about going EM and want liberty then definitely go Subs! ::)
I think maybe I shouldn't have taken the blue pill after all...damn...

IPREGEN

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2012, 01:08 »
Liberty usually begins for the non-nukes first, then after shore power is rigged and whatever else needs to be done to and for the engineroom, then the engineering folks go on liberty where you can meet the friendly local people.

Offline EM1Badger

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2012, 06:58 »

The only way to be an officer is to have a degree (unless you count CWO/LDO but that's years down the road.)

Generally, if you put in a STA-21 package while a student for a program other than nuclear, it will not be looked on favorably. Have an answer for "Why should we recommend you for a program that has nothing to do with the 100k+ we've spent on training you so far?"

That being said, STA-21 for nuke officer has a decent selection rate for students. You might have to apply a few times to finally get selected though.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2012, 09:04 »
The only way to be an officer is to have a degree (unless you count CWO/LDO but that's years down the road.)

Generally, if you put in a STA-21 package while a student for a program other than nuclear, it will not be looked on favorably. Have an answer for "Why should we recommend you for a program that has nothing to do with the 100k+ we've spent on training you so far?"

That being said, STA-21 for nuke officer has a decent selection rate for students. You might have to apply a few times to finally get selected though.

Almost all the nukes I knew that applied for core got accept while I was in....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?