Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu College kid with some NUPOC questions  

Author Topic: College kid with some NUPOC questions  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Mongulian

• Lurker
College kid with some NUPOC questions
« on: Apr 19, 2012, 09:03 »
Greetings! I am a sophomore Mechanical Engineering major interested in the NUPOC program, but I have some questions. I fell for all the flashy commercials during my senior year of high school and accepted a 4-year Army ROTC scholarship even though I wanted to go Navy because my school doesn't have NROTC. I've become extremely disenchanted with the program since then (as have most of the other sophomores and juniors here), especially with the extreme lack of interest in students' academics other than making sure we're passing. I've since been thinking about disenrolling to go into NUPOC for some time. Does anyone know of any case similar to this? Assuming I can get all the paperwork taken care of and apply for NUPOC, what is the general consensus on Navy needs for the Sub and Surface nuclear officers? How does the whole technical examination process work? This last part has me the most worried. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fermi2

Re: College kid with some NUPOC questions
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2012, 09:16 »
Questions for you!!

How does the search function work?

Did you search for the answers to your questions?

Do you realize how many questions exactly like this that have already been answered??

Offline Mongulian

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2012, 09:22 »
I have searched around and found lots of helpful info, but I didn't understand why the thread questions and answers were more interested in finding out about the final interview than the technical interview. I just wanted to know how what everyone's opinion was regarding the technical tests and their difficulty level, because this is what I'm stressing most. Additionally, I couldn't find any postings about the first half of my thread and wanted to know if anyone had experienced something like this before.

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2012, 02:38 »
Like BZ said, a lot of this has been covered.  But one of your biggest challenges would be explaining to the Admiral why you quit army ROTC but wouldn't quit on him.  Not to say your argument is bad or that you couldn't explain it, just be prepared for the question if you pursue NUPOC. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?