Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu "up or out" honeypot

Author Topic: "up or out"  (Read 2573 times)

Offline taylongranger

• Very Lite User
"up or out"
« on: May 14, 2012, 01:41 »
I'm curious as to if  this happens to nukes? because there manning levels are so low do they still cut people in these fields? what about on the officer side of nuke ? if a nuke does everything he is suppose to could he stay in for 30 years easy?  I would also like to know exactly how some one gets dropped from nuke? Do they just drop you for no reason or do you fail one test and get kicked like what? I'm always curious cause I'd never quit at anything I'd started and I feel like that how everyone is but I know its not true so are most the people that fail out people that quit or what?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:08 by taylongranger »

Offline Rod Puller

• Light User
Re: "up or out"
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 02:42 »
There are a lot of posts that discuss this.  But, to come up with a curt, consolidated reply: Yes, Yes, and Yes.  Nukes can get "cut" for a lot of things.  The program prides itself of excellence and anything short of that (although there's some debate to the interpretation of anything these days) can lead to being "cut."  Things like not being physically fit, drug or alcohol problems, integrity issues, or just not being able to make it academically can lead to being dropped from the field.  Just like most things, there is some give to this and a single exam failure won't get you removed.  Odds are that if you are accepted into the program and you commit yourself to completing it you will make it through.  There are so many resources available these days that it's near impossible not to finish it if you embrace the challenge.  Enlisted and Officers alike.  I had a bad run a few months ago with some of my officer students failing final watch boards.  If you can't stand watch at a shore-based prototype there's no way you'll be able to do it at sea.  If, however, you find yourself capable of upholding the NNPP values of Knowledge, Integrity, and Excellence then you can happily serve your 30 years in our country's nuclear navy.  Assuming, of course, you don't meet high year tenure.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?