Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ratio of ET Nukes on Various Classes of Ships - Dream Sheet related

Author Topic: Ratio of ET Nukes on Various Classes of Ships - Dream Sheet related  (Read 9125 times)

ETNUKE

I am trying to determine the ratio of ETs on various classes of subs vs carriers.

How many ET Nukes on a single Ohio class crew versus on a Nimitz crew?

How many on an Los Angeles class crew vs a single Ohio crew.

I already know the number of each type ship at each home port, but I am trying to determine demand for ETs on each type ship.

This is related to filling out a dream sheet due on short notice.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
I am trying to determine the ratio of ETs on various classes of subs vs carriers.

How many ET Nukes on a single Ohio class crew versus on a Nimitz crew?

How many on an Los Angeles class crew vs a single Ohio crew.

I already know the number of each type ship at each home port, but I am trying to determine demand for ETs on each type ship.

This is related to filling out a dream sheet due on short notice.

Ratio doesn't matter. Needs of the detailer. Maybe that's where you should aim your attention.

ETNUKE

Ratio doesn't matter. Needs of the detailer. Maybe that's where you should aim your attention.

Ratio might not matter as much, if I had access to all the information the detailer will have between now, and 5 months from now, but ratio does matter more than the limited information the detailer has shared to date.

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2012, 06:39 by ETNUKE »

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
Are you trying to get a certain homeport? I'm assuming so, based on your line of questioning. What are some extenuating circumstances (spouse, children, other family in the area) that make you want said homeport?

The ratio (spoken percent) of ETs are going to be the same for all platforms. Just as the ratio is roughly 20% ETs, 30% EMs, and 50% MMs (and a smidge of ELTs).

Although I MIGHT be wrong about this for carriers (I doubt it though).

Think about it this way...every submarine reactor requires TWO ETs on watch at all times. Every submarine operates on the same 18 hour schedule. Thus, all subs will have the same amount of ETs billeted (unless the new class of subs are fancy and require more?).
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2012, 07:55 by eaton1981 »

Offline DontGoToNPTU

• Moderate User
The detailers are going to put you wherever they want/ need you. Like it was said before the ratio number of ET's is really of no concern to you at this point. Why are you asking about ratios anyways? Z Sub needs X ETs so they put X ETs on Z sub that's it. There is no ratio about it. The detailer isn't going to be like "oh this boat is short 3 ET's but lets send them 3 EM's to make the ratios work out", that would be as stupid as it sounds.

As far as the info from the detailer... do you really think that you are that special? I'm assuming that you're either class 1201 or 1202, in either case each prototype has on average 90 enlisted students. Do you really think the detailer gives a crap about your specific needs and is going to have a conversation with you? Go ahead and call him and let me know how it works out. I'll get the sub and surface ET detailer numbers for you tomorrow if you want.

In short, with this ignorance you better get used to headlights because you are going to be a gate guard.

ETNUKE

Just as the ratio is roughly 20% ETs, 30% EMs, and 50% MMs (and a smidge of ELTs).
The detailer isn't going to be like "oh this boat is short 3 ET's but lets send them 3 EM's to make the ratios work out",

The question did not mention, and has nothing to do with, EMs, MMs or ELTs.

Not sure what the attitude and rude responses are about.

The original question was simple and self explanatory as to purpose.

It appears that the individual posting as DontGoToNPTU and HydroDave63 may have a difference of opinion on how to interact with detailers, I do not have a dog in that fight and would prefer to stay out of it.

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
DontgotoNPTU is hands down the BEST source of up-to-date factual knowledge on here (with the exception of Gamecock) related to the Navy in general, and the nuclear navy in particular. If you actually have the privilege to work for him as a student, you'd best count yourself fortunate and SH**CAN that spoiled-brat attitude right here and now.

He's been around the block...twice.

Granted, many others have valid opinions and anecdotes to share, such as Hydrodave. Regardless, Dave and DontgotoNPTU said the exact same thing...the needs of the Navy will be the ultimate factor on your dream sheet.

I WAS going to share a nice tip that landed me in San Diego (my first choice, despite my being middle of the road as a student), but your misplaced sense of entitlement has seriously rubbed me the wrong way.

Good luck out in Guam! Hopefully the Chamorro teach you manners.

HeavyD

I am slightly confused by your initial post.

"Normally" a sailor only fills out a dream sheet once, during prototype.  After that initial set of orders to your first sea command, when you go to negotiate for orders it is just that, a negotiation between your detailer and you. 

Actually, it is much less of a negotiation now with the use of JASS.  What you see are the open billets, by paygrade, available in the fleet.  Period.  It has nothing to do with ratios.  It has everything to do with maintaining the manning aboard all operational vessels as close to 100% as reasonably possible.

Since you asked about both sub and surface, I am going to go out on a limb and conclude that you are in prototype and are having to fill out your initial "dream sheet".  If that assumption (I know, assume :) ) is incorrect, a little more background information would allow us, your peers, to provide you with more detailed and pertinent information.

On a side note, if you can't handle the rough edges associated with being a nuke, meaning some of the responses on here, your time in the Nuke power program (and life in general) may be somewhat challenging.

Best of luck.

HeavyD

Just remembered (I retired in December 2011, so I am slowly dumping some things) that all sailors, after their initial set of orders, can go into JASS and fill out a "dream sheet".  From discussions with my friends who were detailers, the Nukes rarely (i.e. never) checked that stuff.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Let's keep specific numbers of people in various divisions out of this discussion. 

If the kid really is a nuke student, he can ask any number of people this question.  If he isn't a nuke student.......HE DOES NOT HAVE THE NEED TO KNOW!
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Let's keep specific numbers of people in various divisions out of this discussion.  

If the kid really is a nuke student, he can ask any number of people this question.  If he isn't a nuke student.......HE DOES NOT HAVE THE NEED TO KNOW!

Yeah but with such an original question if he/she starts asking that one around the p-type now it's going to be, "OH!!, you're that little a-----e!".

heheheheheheh,... :P ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2012, 12:32 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Yeah but with such an original question if he/she starts asking that one around the p-type now it's going to be, "OH!!, you're that little a-----e!".

heheheheheheh,... :P ;) :) 8)

Some of us may be hoping so  :P

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
There is a trick to getting what you want when you fill out a dream sheet.

Just be sure what you really, really want corresponds to what the Navy really, really needs,...

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,34796.msg162496.html#msg162496

good luck,... ;)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?