Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Info on Thomas Edison State College (TESC) honeypot

Author Topic: Info on Thomas Edison State College (TESC)  (Read 2376 times)

AbidingProduce

Info on Thomas Edison State College (TESC)
« on: Oct 23, 2012, 08:20 »
This started out as a reply from the forum below (you can tell my post has been edited to be more appropriate to start a thread), but since the question had been answered I felt it more appropriate to make a new thread so it would be easier to find, as other programs have been discussed but the only info that was easy to find for TESC is pretty old. I apologize if this is out of place, but I try do what I can to push as many people into getting college experience as possible.
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,33102.0.html

There is a program at TESC that is designed around the specific ratings (sorry ELTs, doesn't seem you get anything extra). My discussion is based upon a member >E-5 in the fleet. I didn't do much research into the other rates, but I know an ET can CLEP out of all but about 12 credits for the BSAST (whether you know enough for some of the courses to CLEP out of them is a different story, but practice CLEPs and study guides are on NKO and the test is free to military), and all 42 of them can be obtained online, with classes starting pretty much every month and lasting 12 weeks. Remember, TA will cover up to 18 semester hours ($250/ semester hour) per fiscal year. PM me if you have any TA specific questions, I've probably heard a question like yours before.

Here is the link to the "road maps" TESC has written for the different ratings:

http://www.tesc.edu/military/navy/Rating-Roadmaps.cfm

EDIT: It's 16 hours, not 18. Sorry to lead you astray by two whole credits.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2012, 12:40 by AbidingProduce »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?