Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Academic Waiver

Author Topic: Academic Waiver  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Sid

• Lurker
Academic Waiver
« on: Dec 29, 2012, 02:15 »
Hello Nukeworker Forum Members,

I signed my contract to join the Navy Nuclear program two weeks ago and I was extremely happy for it and managed to score a 68 on the NAPT but while talking to my Nuclear Recruiter he told me the only thing that might harm my chance of getting in would be the fact that I got a "D" in my Sophmore year of high school but he said that because my grades were higher my Junior and Senior year it shouldn't be a problem. Then he said that if my waiver was not accepted that I should take a course for a year or so and excel at that (College Algebra II course) then they can submit that score and say that I've improved and that would increase my chances of getting in. Since I'm not supposed to be leaving to boot camp till 20130806 I was deciding on taking a course at a Community College or maybe seek a Professors help, one who could help me learn math. Including that I would like to improve my math, so what courses should I be focusing on for "A" School -> "C" School. Any information would be a great help and I thank you in advance.

~ Sid
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012, 12:07 by Sid »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Academic Waiver
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2012, 02:41 »
Hello Nukeworker Forum Members,

I signed my contract to join the Navy Nuclear program two weeks ago and I was extremely happy for it and managed to score a 68 on the NAPT but while talking to my Nuclear Recruiter he told me the only thing that might harm my chance of getting in would be the fact that I got a "D" in my Sophmore year of high school but he said that because my grades were higher my Junior and Senior year it shouldn't be a problem. Then he said that if my waiver was not accepted that I should take a course for a year or so and excel at that (College Algebra II course) then they can submit that score and say that I've improved and that would increase my chances of getting in. Since I'm not supposed to be leaving to boot camp till 20120806 I was deciding on taking a course at a Community College or maybe seek a Professors help, one who could help me learn math. Including that I would like to improve my math, so what courses should I be focusing on for "A" School -> "C" School. Any information would be a great help and I thank you in advance.

~ Sid

1. You need a time machine to make that report date. Or closer attention to detail in a zero-defect-tolerated nuclear program.

2. Everything else has been answered previously. Search. Study hard. Math matters.

Offline Sid

• Lurker
Re: Academic Waiver
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2012, 12:08 »
Sorry about that I meant "20130806" just fixed it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?