Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu getting into outage work? honeypot

Author Topic: getting into outage work?  (Read 7043 times)

Offline sllerena

• Very Lite User
getting into outage work?
« on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:58 »
Hello I'm trying to figure out how to get into outage without any experience needed. I been told the basics like the pay, traveling to other destination for a month or two at a time but hoe do I get into it??

Content1

Re: getting into outage work?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2013, 12:20 »
Hello I'm trying to figure out how to get into outage without any experience needed. I been told the basics like the pay, traveling to other destination for a month or two at a time but hoe do I get into it??

You may wish to give age, experience, education and what kind of job do you wish to do to get an answer.

Offline sllerena

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2013, 01:09 »
I'm 25 years old, got a bachelors degree in sports management, me and my wife 5 acres of blueberries and been around the farm all my life.

Content1

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2013, 04:58 »
I'm 25 years old, got a bachelors degree in sports management, me and my wife 5 acres of blueberries and been around the farm all my life.

Job desired?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2013, 06:42 »

Call 1-800-225-0385 and talk to one of the recruiters about decon, labor, and firewatch positions.  They may (or may not) have  something.

Good luck!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline sllerena

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2013, 09:51 »
Idk what job is best for me or what I qualify for. Maybe labor

jasper

« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2013, 11:59 »
I had worked in a Nuke Plant many years was out for about 10 and FINALLY got back in last year as a firewatch. I will be going back once more as a FW next month, hoping these 2 outages will get me back in. However it is not with Bartlett. It is with PME- the  sister company.  Hope that helps.

Offline sllerena

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2013, 12:34 »
Entry level would be the best for me. Can I have phone numbers to contact people??

Content1

« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2013, 12:46 »
You may consider fort lift driver.  It is true some make more than RP's at ome places, so it is a job to strive for.

Offline sllerena

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2013, 06:25 »
No experience

Content1

« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:49 »
It took me a year to get someone with a Radiation degree their first job as a deconner.  In this horrible economy, unless you have a friend in the business who has pull your chances may be slim at best.

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2013, 01:54 »
What did you hope to achieve by getting a Bachelors degree in "Sports Management"? Has the Great Community Organizer shut that industry down , too?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2013, 05:01 »
No experience
no experience, no education, no contacts.  going to be tough.  while it's true the money is decent in outage work, there is good money in lots of occupations.  bartending could be a deal for you.  a good club in a decent town will net you $100 a night easily. 
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?