Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Becoming NLO - Advice Wanted
honeypot

Author Topic: Becoming NLO - Advice Wanted  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Nuke1315

• Very Lite User
Becoming NLO - Advice Wanted
« on: Jun 07, 2013, 03:08 »
Hi,

I'm interested in becoming an NLO.  I currently have an A.A.S in Nuclear Technology.  Thinking about doing the BS NET program at Excelsior.  With my transfer credits it would only take about a year to finish the degree, because I had taken some other college courses prior to starting the Associate's degree.  I had thought maybe the Associate's degree would be enough (had above a B average) to get me an NLO job, but I haven't heard back from any places I applied to.  Just looking to make myself more desirable and wondering if the Bachelor's would be a great help or not.  I don't have any Nuke experience, but just looking to get my foot in the door somehow.  Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline johnnyhqle

• Light User
Re: Becoming NLO - Advice Wanted
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2013, 06:42 »
Welcome aboard the "No Nuclear Experience" boat!  8)

Try applying for other entry positions rather than just NLO positions. If while you're working and an Operator position opens up, you can apply internally. As you already know, getting that first job is always tough. I've been searching and applying since October.

Good luck to you!

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2013, 10:42 »
Me too Johnny. When is this mass retirement I was sold on going to happen?

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2013, 01:28 »
Me too Johnny. When is this mass retirement I was sold on going to happen?

As far as I'm concerned, just over 400 days from now. ;D
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

Offline Dstealth

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2013, 08:45 »
Look for the plant helper positions or security guard positions.  Once your in you have a better chance of moving around.  Never stop applying.  One person who was in my class was here 6 years as a drafter before he got into Ops. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?