Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ACAD 10-001 Question

Author Topic: ACAD 10-001 Question  (Read 7536 times)

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
ACAD 10-001 Question
« on: Aug 09, 2013, 01:58 »
I have a question relating to figure 2-2 of ACAD 10-001.

Specifically, the block labeled "Does candidate have 2 years or more in a position equivalent to reactor operator position at a military reactor?"  The exact circumstance is a non-ET operator with less than 2 years onboard ship as an EWS, or PPWS.  The follow on command was a non-prototype duty, followed by EAOS. 

Now, in the INPO document "ACAD 10-001, Guidelines for Initial Training and Qualification of Licensed Operators Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)", there is a question which deals with "Total Military Nuclear Experience" which states that an NEC is good from issue to removal, so throughout career transitions to non-nuclear billets, training commands, etc, the "Total Military Nuclear Experience" continues to accumulate, but I'm not so sure I can use this guidance on the "equivalent to RO operator position" requirement.

Can I get some guidance on how other utilities count EWS/PPWS/PPWO time?

Thanks very much in advance!

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: ACAD 10-001 Question
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2013, 03:39 »
Two years of actually standing the watch. If they do not have that, they won't be eligible. Like it says, "in the position of..."

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2013, 03:50 »
By the way, look at the definition section as well.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2013, 03:54 »
"In the position of.." is how I read it. 

What are you referring to in the definitions?

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2013, 03:57 »
The defenition of total military nuclear experience. Also note that that term is used in flow chart 2-1, not on 2-2. You're reading it correct, no interpretation necessary. They use total experience for determining direct ro eligibility.

Justin

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2013, 04:08 »
Thanks, Justin. 

I read it like you do.

Bill

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2013, 04:17 »
You're welcome!

Justin

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2013, 09:08 »
Any other opinions to support or oppose?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?