Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Boxer: Regulators' 'heads should roll' over Diablo nuclear plant  

Author Topic: Boxer: Regulators' 'heads should roll' over Diablo nuclear plant  (Read 7692 times)

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
"Weeks before Pacific Gas and Electric Co. released a long-awaited seismic report about the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant last year, Nuclear Regulatory Commission officials had already drafted talking points declaring the plant safe from earthquakes, Sen. Barbara Boxer said Wednesday."

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Boxer-Regulators-heads-should-roll-over-6202735.php
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2015, 09:02 by Marlin »

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
My B.S. detector just went off! Wonder why that was? Oh yeah! Boxer said something! That's what it was! She's retiring isn't she?
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
Yet, Barbara has no issues associating herself with Anti-Nukes who consistently spread fear through their blatant lies about Nuclear Power. The only heads that should roll are those of these idiots who do not understand Nuclear Power is the safest and cleanest way to produce massive amounts of base load power. Power that California (and many other places in the world) desperately needs. It's one thing to totally dismiss this fact because of your own stupidity......it's another thing to use these lies as a way to force fear upon the public. It's time these lying Anti-Nukes be held accountable for their fear mongering. A gas line explosion in NYC a couple weeks ago killed more people (2) than radiation from Fukushima (0). These Politicians and the public should hold the gas companies to the same standards as the Nuclear Industry.......since in one single explosion, luckily only claiming the lives of two people, natural gas has killed more people than TMI and Fukushima combined (ZERO)
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2015, 07:55 by Bonds 25 »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Gas companies are held to a higher standard ..

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
Hahahaha

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
The qualifications for a gas line welder are more stringent and they have to requalify every 6 months. To work as an operator is a 2 year training program and they have to pass quality exams every quarter. Gas utilities pay fines for everytime their pipes are hit. If there is a defect they have to fix it they cannot write it off. The QC on a gas line is harder than at a nuke.
Which gas company have you worked for ?

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh my, Jesus!!! Is this Barbara?

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
No a former nuke shift manager at two plants and training manager for a gas and fossil utility

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
She compared a gas line welder to a Reactor Operator.......hahahahaha!!

Oh, Barb....you are one funny chick

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Oh and on my dumbest day I know more nuclear than you will ever know

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Barb by the way is a moron

You do realize fossil plant control room operators go through a harder program than commercial ROs right ?

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
I don't care. Fukushima didn't kill anybody and not only did Japan shut all their Nukes down.....Germany has decided to shut theirs down also. I don't care if you prefer burning dirt now.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Pretty certain 2 operators died at Fukushima and the nuke has never killed anyone is a pure myth.

Btw fossil station aka NLO operators are better trained too.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
20,000 people died in Japan, just like the two Operators.....from the earthquake and tsumami. Fukushima, has yet to kill anybody from the resulting radiation......and most likely never will.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
You have no idea of they will or not...
Pretty certain a few dead bodies at Chernobyl might disagree.,,

But hey keep drinking the Kool aid

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
Chernobyl was much....much different. As a former shift manager you have to understand that.......or is this Barbara again?

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
You have no idea what was different or not. You are not qualified to
Judge the difference. Already proved you babbled on previous posts. Give it up. You are overmatched

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
You Haven't proved anything, besides being an ignorant asshole.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
A guy who finished top of his class in every school he has ever attended and wrote the licensing documentation for a steam generator and off site power replacement is hardly ignorant ... But go ahead and think so if you want to sport

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
Well it's been nice talking to you. Now I must leave since I need to go bed so I can wake up fresh and protect workers and the public from the deadly effects of ionizing radiation in the morning.gv.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Be safe !

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
It's nuclear.....safe is the only way we know. Thank you for your concern.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Lol again drinking the Kool Aid but Eh. Look out for your fellow workers and yourself.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Not aimed at anyone in particular...

4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

Taps, Taps. The smoking lamp is off. Let's give it a rest tonight.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Guys need to learn to stay quiet about industries in which they have never worked

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?