Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Decisions, Decisions honeypot

Author Topic: Decisions, Decisions  (Read 11789 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Decisions, Decisions
« on: Apr 30, 2016, 08:02 »
Trying to decide what to prioritize.  Do I fix the facility info section first?  Probably.
Do I add the DOE RCT CORE 2.1-2.19 questions to the quiz database first?
Do I make the site mobile friendly first?  Not being mobile friendly is killing us in the google search ranks, and honestly just sucks trying to use the site on your phone.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2016, 08:23 »
More emoji's first  [devious]

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2016, 08:37 »
More emoji's first  [devious]

You go find the ones you want, and link them to me.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 12:10 »
Emoji's are this size:  :)

What you shared is this size:

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 12:19 »
Try this search

https://www.google.com/search?q=Emoticon&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs1NG5grjMAhWI7yYKHWHUAwUQ_AUICCgC&biw=1920&bih=947#q=Emoticon&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbs=isz:i

I do a search like that, get to a site that has some of what I want, and look for more there.

Remember, less is more.  If there are some that we don't use, lets get rid of them.  And lets only add what we will really use.

Something more like these:      

http://usefulshortcuts.com/yahoo-messenger/hidden-emoticons.php
http://fun.resplace.net/Emoticons/
http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Brave_Frontier_Wiki:Chat_Rules#Lounge_Chat    (Scroll down)
http://www.emoticonsfree.org/

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:41 by Rennhack »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 09:02 »
What is the size of an emoticon if I reduce one will that work or does it have to be one from an outside source at the specified size?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 10:10 »
19px x 19px

I can assist in the reduction, if you need me to.

The 'outside sources' have alreadt been optimized for color depth and size. So they are esier.  However, if you have a picture that you really love... we can make it happen.

Most big pictures look like crap at 19x19 size.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:11 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 10:21 »
Well, the facility info section isn't broken anymore.  It still needs a nice update tho...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:25 by Rennhack »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 10:22 »
I used Pixillion in a trail for an image converter but did not buy it in the end because I had used it for all the desktop icons I wanted. Do you have another you use that is better? I have a few new folders I want Icons for anyway so I am going to buy a program.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:22 by Marlin »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 10:28 »
I used Pixillion in a trail for an image converter but did not buy it in the end because I had used it for all the desktop icons I wanted. Do you have another you use that is better? I have a few new folders I want Icons for anyway so I am going to buy a program.

I use a 16 year old program for my picture and image editing needs.  It is no longer sold or supported.

I'd say that you should be able to find a good free option on the internet.

Again, if you have some that you really want, you can email me, and I can look into it. -- It's just that shrinking big pictures almost never works. -- That's why we go with the images designed to be small to begin with.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 10:48 »
OK I will probably buy the Pixillion program then so I can do a little editing myself.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 12:00 »
Well, the facility info section isn't broken anymore.  It still needs a nice update tho...

To be clear, its MOSTLY not broken.... The poll part, and picture part, and ... and... a few other things are still a little broken.  But we are getting there.

I'm taking the wife to see Book of Mormon tonight, and I have to get up early tomorrow, so if it doesn't get dome this morning, it will likely have to wait a few days.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 12:57 »

Offline klpilling

• Lurker
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 12:58 »
Hello, I recently upgraded to gold member. I was taking the online D.O.E. C.O.R.E. test last nite with no problems. This morning I get to the window that says to take the test and when I click on the take test button I get a blank black screen every time. What is the problem and can you see if it can be fixed? I really need to use the tests as I have a real test to take Monday and I could sure use the practice! Thank you, Kp

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 01:01 »
Trying to decide what to prioritize.  Do I fix the facility info section first?  Probably.
Do I add the DOE RCT CORE 2.1-2.19 questions to the quiz database first?
Do I make the site mobile friendly first?  Not being mobile friendly is killing us in the google search ranks, and honestly just sucks trying to use the site on your phone.

Hello, I recently upgraded to gold member. I was taking the online D.O.E. C.O.R.E. test last nite with no problems. This morning I get to the window that says to take the test and when I click on the take test button I get a blank black screen every time. What is the problem and can you see if it can be fixed? I really need to use the tests as I have a real test to take Monday and I could sure use the practice! Thank you, Kp

Maybe the quizzes unless it is a quick fix.

[coffee]

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 01:39 »

Try this link:

https://www.nukeworker.com/quiz/

The quiz is working... I think you used that link last night, and today are trying to use http://www.nukeworker.com/quiz/  (without the "S" in "https")  That messes things up.

I was just able to take the quiz with both firefox and 'edge' the windows 10 version of internet explorer.  And the system says the quiz has been taken 66 times today. - so it seems that it is working.

Other things you can try to do is to clear your cache, or try a different browser.

With that said, I'll continue to look into it.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 03:18 »

Also, are you using the same computer, or trying to use a phone/tablet?  Cause it sounds like a flash issue (maybe missing flash)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:47 by Rennhack »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 04:01 »
aye wood axe that the site bee made mobile friendly. eye'd axe two that windows phone mode wood get hi consideration. butt that gist because aye yam greedy.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 04:44 »
aye wood axe that the site bee made mobile friendly. eye'd axe two that windows phone mode wood get hi consideration. butt that gist because aye yam greedy.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 09:45 »
n that's a vary rare groupage.... 0.01%.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?