Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Duke close to getting license for nuclear plant many thought was dead  

Author Topic: Duke close to getting license for nuclear plant many thought was dead  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
http://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2016/06/duke-close-to-getting-license-for-levy-county-nuclear-plant-even-after-scrapping-plans-in-2013-102735

"My understanding was it was over, it was gone, it was dead, that they had no intention of building those nuclear power plants,"
"We continue to regard the proposed nuclear plant in Levy County as a viable option for future [power] generation and recognize the importance of fuel diversity in our generation portfolio," said Rita Sipe, manager for nuclear communications for Duke Energy in Charlotte, North Carolina.

We may know one of the morticians in the video.
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2016, 12:54 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Hmmm not dead yet  ;)
In turnaround, Sweden agrees to continue nuclear power

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/in-turnaround-sweden/2863270.html#.V1y2GLa9OEs.linkedin

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
That plant will never happen

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
That plant will never happen

Thanks for the Reader's Digest version, but your's may be a little to condensed.

The article itself states that it is highly unlikely. Just explains why they are continuing the licensing process. Keeping the option open for the next 20 years or so. Never is a long time.

I'm sure a lot people used to say we'd never stop burning coal for base-load power, but I'd say that day is coming quicker then expected.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

I'm sure a lot people used to say we'd never stop burning coal for base-load power, but I'd say that day is coming quicker then expected.

I think that's a plurality we,...

not so much a majority we,...
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2016, 09:16 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
I think that's a plurality we,...

not so much a majority we,...

That "We" is a lot like "Them" and "They", and "They" talk a lot. Man do "They" talk a lot.  :)

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Not a cheerleader just a realist. Why waste the money?

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
Not a cheerleader just a realist. Why waste the money?

I would agree that in today's world it would be a waste of money to build current available designs on that site. But "never", I couldn't agree with that. A lot can change in 20 years. Nobody is accusing you of being a cheerleader here, that's a different thread.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
He is WAY TOO UGLY to be a Cheerleader. I'm pretty sure he is, besides being ugly.....also a complete moron.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
Please try to keep it moderately respectful, even if others don't always do the same.

4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.[/size]

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?