Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Can Radioactive Waste be Immobilized in Glass for Millions of Years? honeypot

Author Topic: Can Radioactive Waste be Immobilized in Glass for Millions of Years?  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Chimera

a Rutgers University researcher has discovered . . .    wtf?

Glass vitrification has been on the table for decades.  We were talking about this decades ago.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
a Rutgers University researcher has discovered . . .    wtf?

Glass vitrification has been on the table for decades.  We were talking about this decades ago.

Yeah, they are not specific on what is new. It does say he has six projects underway for different types of glass that may be it, but I am just guessing it may specific to I-129.
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2016, 03:52 by Marlin »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
watts knew is this guys race against udder researchers on i 129 disposal, such aze transmutation bye neutrons bombardment oar hi powered lasers.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
I wish I had seen the INEL vitrification demonstration for politicians and other dignitaries back in the early 90s where excess current smoldered the wood bleachers they were sitting on.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
I wish I had seen the INEL vitrification demonstration for politicians and other dignitaries back in the early 90s where excess current smoldered the wood bleachers they were sitting on.

Vitrification at Fernald stopped after they melted throught the containment vessel. It is a little embarrasing that we can't perfect the vitrification process while the French have been using it for a while.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?