Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu tennessee transparency honeypot

Author Topic: tennessee transparency  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: tennessee transparency
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2018, 01:25 »
   This article does not ring true. Only very low level waste goes to the Oak Ridge Reservation burial sites, much of the radioactive waste generated here has gone to Clive and Nevada. I don't know of any out of state waste buried there but I could be wrong. The primary use of the landfill and the new one to be built is for Superfund waste here that meets the license criteria. Use of the landfill is a pain in the tail as waste streams have a much more complex procedure compared to other burial sites. I followed the link to the original article from the one cited above and it appears that the radioactive waste they are referring to is not regulated meaning it is below the requirement to treat it as Low Level waste as defined by CFRs. The out of state radioactive material is not being sent here for disposal in a local landfill but processing in the DOE facilities. The local commercial landfills as many other around the US now have portal monitors that are sensitive enough to alarm for natural building materials like pea gravel used on roofs and ceramics used as insulators in power distribution systems. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

"That's just my opinion, I could be wrong" D.M.

[2cents]

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2018, 12:09 »
I think they are talking about natural radioactive waste that some states want to control...like from fracking.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2018, 12:26 »
I think they are talking about natural radioactive waste that some states want to control...like from fracking.

Could be, along with smoke detectors tritium exit signs and other low level radioactive equipment that is poorly regulated. The filter socks from fracking have been an issue for a while.

YET!!! Radon therapy in spas and caves is still not regulated.  [Dance]

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2018, 05:50 »

YET!!! Radon therapy in spas and caves is still not regulated.  [Dance]
probly wood bee, butt four its organic oigin
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2018, 06:17 »
probly wood bee, butt four its organic oigin

??? You got me there. Organic? ???
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2018, 06:17 by Marlin »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:23 »
??? You got me there. Organic? ???
lol!
wuzzant referencing a science.. par say. moor of a relating to the associative thinking of manny wooo indulge inn that venue.

"The spa embraces the four alchemal elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Organic ingredients, aromatherapies, hot balsalt lava stones and luxury soaks are all on the menu."

http://www.hotsprings.ca/pleiades-spa-radium

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:36 »
lol !
wuzzant referencing a science.. par say. moor of a relating to the associative thinking of manny wooo indulge inn that venue.

"The spa embraces the four alchemal elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Organic ingredients, aromatherapies, hot balsalt lava stones and luxury soaks are all on the menu."

http://www.hotsprings.ca/pleiades-spa-radium

Gothca, don't you hate it when the joke is spoiled by someone being dense.  [whistle]

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2018, 10:28 »
Gothca, don't you hate it when the joke is spoiled by someone being dense.  [whistle]
butt know ware near as dense as the actinides. 😁
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2018, 03:38 by SloGlo »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?