Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NU exam? honeypot

Author Topic: NU exam?  (Read 12634 times)

alexio

NU exam?
« on: Feb 14, 2005, 03:57 »
I have been away from the commercial side of the business since 1997 doing DOE.  My questions are, how does the Nuclear Utilities exam compare with the North east Utilities exam?  Is it similiar to the DOE core?  How much math do I need to brush up on?  I have heard the exam is recognized by all the utilities now is that accurate?

Thanks for the help

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: NU exam?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2005, 04:45 »
It do not believe that it is recognized by all utilities.  It is called the NUF, BTW.  It is basically the old NEU, with a new question database.  Nothing like the DOE CORE.  As much math as before, be able to do point, line and plane sources.. as well as A/S calculations, half lives and shielding calculations.  (Of course, I haven’t taken it since 1999, before they changed it, so what do I know).

Also, there is no poll in your poll, instead of options, you asked two questions.  Please delete the "Poll" option from this message, as it is not a poll one can answer  with the poll option.

tnukewife

« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2006, 01:21 »
How do I become a HP Tech?  I downloaded Moes Book from internet. How do I get started?  Thank you for any help.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2006, 01:43 »
How do I become a HP Tech?  I downloaded Moes Book from internet. How do I get started?  Thank you for any help.

You can look at this thread for a start and it should help to explain what you need to do. ;D

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,9266.msg48144/topicseen.html#new

Good Luck  ;)

hopster
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2006, 08:25 »

If you're starting from Zero experience, call Bartlett and ask if they have any decon slots available...get ~6 months in as a deconner & then tell B to submit your resume as a Jr HP.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?