Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Harrisburgh
honeypot

Author Topic: Harrisburgh  (Read 17758 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Harrisburgh
« on: May 03, 2019, 08:22 »

Would have been nice to know of this. I probably would have gone. Has Nukeworker.com become totally reactive and introspective?

https://wjactv.com/news/local/workers-rally-at-capitol-amid-debate-over-nuclear-power-bill
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:05 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline wtselig07

• Very Lite User
Re: Harrisburgh
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 09:38 »
and just an FYI there is another rally happening May 6th same place starting at 1230. Everyone is going again. May 6th is the last hearing for the consumer affairs committee.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 10:00 »
Would have been nice to know of this. I probably would have gone. Has Nukeworker.con become totally reactive and introspective?

First I heard of it and it was not in any of my news feeds I check every day. The forum is open to anyone for posting "Just say'n"  [coffee]

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:44 »
and just an FYI there is another rally happening May 6th same place starting at 1230. Everyone is going again. May 6th is the last hearing for the consumer affairs committee.
Where in Harrisburg is this rally? I'm not familiar with that town, and address or GPS will help.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

TVA

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 02:23 »
Would have been nice to know of this. I probably would have gone. Has Nukeworker.con become totally reactive and introspective?

https://wjactv.com/news/local/workers-rally-at-capitol-amid-debate-over-nuclear-power-bill

Why exactly is it Nukeworker’s responsibility to get the word out?
How can one be reactive AND introspective?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 02:24 by TVA »

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 08:05 »

Why exactly is it Nukeworker’s responsibility to get the word out?
How can one be reactive AND introspective?
I don't see where I mentioned Nukeworker.com's responsibity in this matter. I did query a "psyche" , if you will, of the postings and therefore the face of the site. I'm not sure whether that is the corporate responsibility or that of the site population, i.e. the posters.
As to how one can be reactive and introspective:

re·ac·tive
/rēˈaktiv/
adjective
acting in response to a situation rather than creating or controlling it.

introspection
noun
in·​tro·​spec·​tion | \ ˌin-trə-ˈspek-shən \
: a reflective looking inward : an examination of one's own thoughts and feelings

I would put forth a defense that the reactivity occurs when one is so into themself as to be unaware of outside influences until they intrude.
Not seeing why there would be a controversy of those two words being applied to a unit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 01:19 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 09:03 »
Where in Harrisburg is this rally? I'm not familiar with that town, and address or GPS will help.

Camp Hill,....

TMI by the numbers:

675+ employees for <900MW,...

equals bad math,...

then again,...

between severance, early retirements, transfers to natural gas, hydro (even oil in Pennsylvania), plus Maryland and West Virginia are not a regional stretch, and then the direct nuke transfers to Limerick or Peach Bottom at 2300 and 2800 Mw respectively (the PWR folks will have to learn boilers),....

and then the folks who will stay local for the DnD,....

I doubt anybody who wants to keep a job with Exelon will lose a job,...

they might have to move,...

they might have to adapt (perish the thought),...

but we all have had to move to make the coin, save for a very select and fortunate few,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 10:23 »
GLW
That brings it down to a couple square miles. Do you think there will be signs up for the Nuclear Rally?

I'd go to support nukes in PA, not so much for a specific site. Personal professional interest is more Beaver Valley. However, with nukes supplying >93% of non-carbon energy, clean energy, etc, they are an important generational capacity to maintain.
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 11:04 »

Offline wtselig07

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 12:07 »

I believe right outside the state capitol building.
501 N. 3rd st. Harrisburg PA 17120
There’s going to be thousands of people going BV is sending 2 buses full of people

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 01:16 »
wtselig07
That's what my Representative said. I pulled this info from the PA calendar re: this event:

Nuclear Powers Pennsylvania
This statewide coalition supports the many benefits of Pennsylvania's nuclear industry.
Start: May 6th, 1:00 PM
End: May 6th, 2:00 PM
Facility: Front Capitol Steps
Event Type: Rally

Now I just need to see if I can hitch a ride at this late date on a BV bus.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:09 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 01:38 »
Alas, the buses from BV are for FE employees and family members.

On the road, again!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:16 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 09:15 »
Since when is nuclear energy carbon free or clean?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 10:31 »

Since now I think, there is no environmentally hazard/impact free power. But there is a scale of choice and nuclear is very attractive.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 10:33 by Marlin »

TVA

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 10:33 »
Put it closer to biomass

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 10:33 »
Put it closer to biomass

Based on what?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 10:46 »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 10:52 »
Solar, wind and nuclear have ‘amazingly low’ carbon footprints, study finds

Lifecycle emissions

Today’s research uses the embedded energy numbers to work out the lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions of different sources of electricity.
It finds that the footprint of nuclear, wind and solar are much lower than coal and gas with CCS, as well as hydro or bioenergy, as the chart below shows.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/solar-wind-nuclear-amazingly-low-carbon-footprints

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 10:53 »

Most renewable energy sources are carbon-free. This means that they do not emit any carbon dioxide when they generate energy. Solar, wind, and hydroelectric are carbon-free. Nuclear, though not renewable, is also considered a carbon-free energy source, because unlike coal and natural gas, it does not burn. As noted in a previous reading, nuclear energy generates heat through fission, not combustion. 

https://www.e-education.psu.edu/emsc240/node/506
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 11:00 »
Most renewable energy sources are carbon-free. This means that they do not emit any carbon dioxide when they generate energy. Solar, wind, and hydroelectric are carbon-free. Nuclear, though not renewable, is also considered a carbon-free energy source, because unlike coal and natural gas, it does not burn. As noted in a previous reading, nuclear energy generates heat through fission, not combustion.

https://www.e-education.psu.edu/emsc240/node/506

Nuclear in the life cycle beats some of the renewables. This includes mining materials, manufacturing of materials, construction, and operation.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 06:49 »
I will not be able to attend this rally, dang it.
Here's a little factoid to bounce of the media and legislators you encounter today.
https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/letters/2019/04/20/Alternative-energy/stories/201904200030
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 11:03 »
I will not be able to attend this rally, dang it.
Here's a little factoid to bounce of the media and legislators you encounter today.
https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/letters/2019/04/20/Alternative-energy/stories/201904200030

:)   +K

Offline RFaunt

• Moderate User
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 07:54 »
Heads up: TMI announced their closure this morning. Defueling will be complete by 1 October. We shall see what the future looks like for us RP folk as we have no ISFSI pad yet; so there will be a lot of dry cask work to be done at some point.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Isaac Newton

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2019, 09:44 »
As long as there is irradiated fuel under water, the EPlan is your friend. If you dont even have a pad yet - You can figure at least 5-7 yrs. for fuel related work and 2 solid yrs. to get the plant into SAFSTOR. Of course most of this is simultaneous. From time of announcement until last 5 RPs out the door in NE Wisconsin was 7yrs. There was already a pad in place for Magnastor village along with a section of NUHOMS nests. Your new mission is now to be one of the RPs traversing the SFP floor in modesties and shoe covers. Keep the faith and good luck.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 09:56 »
Heads up: TMI announced their closure this morning. Defueling will be complete by 1 October. We shall see what the future looks like for us RP folk as we have no ISFSI pad yet; so there will be a lot of dry cask work to be done at some point.
I thought they were waiting for Legislature vote. Sorry to hear about this. There goes 6% of PA generation, and 13% of the Commonwealth's clean generation.
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 10:10 »
The E-plan goes away approximately a year after shutdown. They have modified the rules for dry storage. VY got all their fuel in dry storage in less than 5 years. They had to build another ISFSI pad to hold all the casks. After that, the trend these days seems to that the utility turns over the license to a demolition company for immediate D&D. Good steady work if you can handle the drudgery. Probably no per diem and little overtime.

TVA

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2019, 11:10 »
Iirc the decision has to be made this month

Offline wtselig07

• Very Lite User
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2019, 12:03 »
Iirc the decision has to be made this month

There's only 3 vote days left this month. It's not going to happen by the end of the month. Speaker of the House Mike Turzai is blocking HB11 from coming to a vote.         

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2019, 09:25 »
The E-plan goes away approximately a year after shutdown. They have modified the rules for dry storage. VY got all their fuel in dry storage in less than 5 years. They had to build another ISFSI pad to hold all the casks. After that, the trend these days seems to that the utility turns over the license to a demolition company for immediate D&D. Good steady work if you can handle the drudgery. Probably no per diem and little overtime.

Palisades said they could do away with there ERO (most of it) 6 months after the fuel was moved to the SFP. The day they shuit down they no longer need 90% of the engineers.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 10:22 »
What's up with people just reposting links to news articles without thought or discussion? What's this site coming to? 🤔

TVA

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 09:10 »
What's up with people just reposting links to news articles without thought or discussion? What's this site coming to? 🤔

Who cares? Lots of people post links Marlin posts nothing but links. ( no offense Marlin )
No rules state nothing but links are allowed.
If the link is simply factual one can draw their own conclusion... The topic has been frequently discussed here.
Saying why all the links, why no discussion then not starting a discussion is junior high school at best.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 03:50 »
Sincerely trying to avoid becoming just another NW sea lawyer - But you know- if the threads are referencing the state capital of Pennsylvania - only 1 H. Change that step to require an IV sig.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:55 by fiveeleven »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 05:14 »
Sincerely trying to avoid becoming just another NW sea lawyer......

a noble quest,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 06:09 »
Was a tongue in cheek comment referring to a similar comment an antagonist poster had previously made to the same situation. Obviously went way over the swollen head of same poster.

If I was on a computer instead of my phone, I'd look it up and attach a link to the referenced rant. Although I assumed GLW would have beat me to it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:16 by ksheed12 »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 06:16 »
..... - But you know- if the threads are referencing the state capital of Pennsylvania - only 1 H. Change that step to require an IV sig.
🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2019, 07:22 »
................Although I assumed GLW would have beat me to it.

eeeeeeeeeeeyeah,.....

I'm a bit jaded with it just now,....

But!!!!

I did see DW is posting a bit again,....

I suppose he cannot bring himself to extend to me a congratulations for Trump,....

but than I voted for Castle,...

so, he can let that go,...

TVA

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 09:25 »
I miss Hydro Dave

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2019, 11:37 »

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2019, 04:32 »
There's only 3 vote days left this month. It's not going to happen by the end of the month. Speaker of the House Mike Turzai is blocking HB11 from coming to a vote.         
Contact with your thoughts:
E-mail: mturzai@pahousegop.com

District Office
Mailing Address: 125 Hillvue Lane, First Floor , Pittsburgh, PA, 15237
Town of McCandless
Telephone: (412) 369-2230
Fax: (412) 369-2236

One could contact the head of the Consumer Affairs Committee where HB11 is currently lodged, that would be:
Roae, Brad
Chair

Contact InformationDistrictHon. Brad Roae
900 Water Street
Downtown Mall
Meadville, PA 16335 
(814) 336-1136 
Fax: (814) 337-7680
CapitolHon. Brad Roae
151 East Wing
PO Box 202006
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2006
(717) 787-2353 
Fax: (717) 260-6505

and:

Matzie, Robert F.
Democratic Chair

Contact InformationDistrictHon. Robert F. Matzie
1240 Merchant Street
First Floor
Ambridge, PA 15003 
(724) 266-7774 
(412) 565-3569 
Fax: (724) 266-7634
Hon. Robert F. Matzie
Aliquippa Office
Franklin Center of Beaver County, Inc.
524 Franklin Ave.
Aliquippa, PA 15001 
Office Hours: Thursdays 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
(724) 375-3052 
Fax: (724) 375-3058
CapitolHon. Robert F. Matzie
121 Irvis Office Building
PO Box 202016
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2016
(717) 787-4444 
Fax: (717) 780-4772

A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2019, 07:49 »
You realize at this date it probably doesn’t matter for TMI...

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2019, 10:06 »
You realize at this date it probably doesn’t matter for TMI...
Whether Exelon Generation opts to close or reverse it's decision to close TMI is above my pay grade. Getting HB11  on the floor and passed should the priority, it is mine. It is bad enough for our industry to lose 14% of the PA plants due to this. It's worse for the Commonwealth to lose 6% of it's generational capacity . It it a terrible blow to the Clean Energy groups to lose 17% of their capacity.
Call, email, write... be a voice in public.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:29 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2019, 12:58 »
You missed the point. It’s already after the date for it to be put on the agenda...
Exelon cannot design and fabricate a core now..

Sure I would love to see it passed but in truth no one will lose their job over it.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2019, 04:57 »
Whether Exelon Generation opts to close or reverse it's decision to close TMI is above my pay grade. Getting HB11  on the floor and passed should the priority,....

regarding TMI,...

not a very big plant,...

single unit site,...

the clean energy credits for Limerick and Peach Bottom are the pot for Exelon,...

TMI is the buy,...

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2019, 08:09 »
You missed the point. It’s already after the date for it to be put on the agenda...
Exelon cannot design and fabricate a core now..

Sure I would love to see it passed but in truth no one will lose their job over it.
Last outage at TMI was October 18. If they were to have an outage this year, the core would have been designed, bought, fabricated, and delivered by now. I am thinking this did not enter into the corporate thought process, except for calculating an exit strategy from that work.
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2019, 10:27 »
Didnt I say that?

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2019, 08:03 »
Didnt I say that?
I guess, in a corporate kissing fashion. 🤵
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2019, 11:54 »
Incorrecf. I said it was past the drop dead date to design and fabricate a core. Nothing corporate or kissing about it. It’s a fact.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2019, 05:11 »
Perhaps I misunderstood and need enlightened.
With a 24 month fuel cycle, and  X being breaker closed date and Y being breaker open date:
What would be the date to purchase fuel for the next fuel cycle?
What would be the fabrication date for the next fuel cycle?
What would be the delivery date for the next fuel cycle?
What would be the QA/QC sign off date for the delivered fuel for the next fuel cycle?
Thanks! Always willing to learn.
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2019, 08:34 »
At least a year probably the design and purchase agreement isnt an issue.

Receiving the fuel post fabrication 4 to 5 months

Inspection about 4 months.

For the right money it can all be pushed but 4 months maximum.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2019, 09:55 »
With an October 2019 (I think) outage, then there is still the minimum time, i.e. "For the right money it can all be pushed but 4 months maximum"?
After all, half of May, all of June, July, August, and September.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:57 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2019, 11:15 »
No. Thats assuming you already have the fuel ordered. No one would have ordered it without at least some sort of assurance they werent wasting millions of dollars.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 07:37 »
Ar what point would they have decided to not order the fuel?
Did I miss a post which would indicate Excelon Generation was not proceeding in good faith regarding TMI continuing gendration?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:37 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2019, 09:15 »
Let it go man - its over.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:19 by fiveeleven »

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2019, 09:32 »
I may be wrong, but I believe that the fossil fuel lobby is much stronger than nuclear in PA. PA doesn't have any prime ocean front property, so maybe they don't believe that they will be impacted by rising sea levels. Unfortunately there are many more consequences to global warming. Temperature is the measure of internal energy in matter. Warmer air and warmer water means more energy. What is the mass of the air ans water that is affected, and how much more energy is stored therein?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2019, 11:08 »
I may be wrong, but I believe that the fossil fuel lobby is much stronger than nuclear in PA. PA doesn't have any prime ocean front property, so maybe they don't believe that they will be impacted by rising sea levels. Unfortunately there are many more consequences to global warming. Temperature is the measure of internal energy in matter. Warmer air and warmer water means more energy. What is the mass of the air ans water that is affected, and how much more energy is stored therein?

I will not enter into a discussion on Anthrogogenic Global Warming (AGW) in open forum but if you were a gold member you would know much I disagree with the "consensus" and the chicken little alarmist view. As much as I do not buy into the myopic view that CO2 is the nexus of evil for AGW there are many other reasons to move to a cleaner more effluent contained power. Recently one of the streams flowing through Pigeon Forge from the Great Smoky Mountains was issued a fishing warning to limit the amount of fish you should eat due to mercury. No industry in the Smoky Mountains the source like the build up of mercury in the oceans is fossil fuels (coal). If "environmentalists" are born again nuclear advocates due to CO2, so be it, but a broader view of overall environmental impact is the reason we should be extending older plant life's and pursuing newer nuclear technologies.

TVA

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2019, 11:18 »
Exelon had zero to do with it. Would you spend 15 million on something that you had no idea you could use?

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2019, 01:56 »
The sky is not falling, the ocean is rising.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2019, 02:10 »

...and has been for a very long time before the industrial revolution, nothing new the next ice age will fix that.   8)

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/12/rising_seas_are_nothing_new.html

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 02:52 »

well, depending on where you live the land is sinking, aka subduction, and it's not anthropogenic (which is a trope as regards climate offset)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:54 by GLW »

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2019, 11:01 »
I'd say it's time to return to topic, transfer to Poli-Sci, or let the thread die....

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2019, 01:05 »
I'd say it's time to return to topic, transfer to Poli-Sci, or let the thread die....

:P ;) :) 8)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2019, 01:37 »

:P ;) :) 8)

Maybe but he is right.

[RTFM]

[coffee]

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2019, 08:22 »
Bump
FYI, this url gives me the wrong State Senator. Check the legislators you are given.
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2019, 08:24 »
Do not transfer to PoliSci.
That takes it out of the public venue. This is the type of information which needs public dissemination.
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2019, 12:07 »
Do not transfer to PoliSci.
That takes it out of the public venue. This is the type of information which needs public dissemination.

Not exactly sure what you mean. If it is the nuclear side of this thread no it does not belong in PolySCi but the Global Warming Climate Change for the most part does. I suppose you could argue that it does as CO2 and Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) are at the heart of the debate for continuation of nuclear power but in my view as AGW is a contentious topic that evokes responses that belong in a forum that has less restrictive rules to promote debate.

"That's just my opinion I could be wrong." Denis Miller

[2cents]

TVA

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2019, 03:02 »
Love it when non admins want to admin

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2019, 07:25 »
   Not exactly sure what you mean. If it is the nuclear side of this thread no it does not belong in PolySCi but the Global Warming Climate Change for the most part does. I suppose you could argue that it does as CO2 and Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) are at the heart of the debate for continuation of nuclear power but in my view as AGW is a contentious topic that evokes responses that belong in a forum that has less restrictive rules to promote debate.

[2cents]
I mean that when it goes PoliSci, it disappears from public view and comment. People looking for information that check out Nukeworker.com will not see it, the governmental contacts, nor the conversation. I think this would be important for the nuke workers to put forth for the most favorable public image and action.

DM is one of my favorite sages, and is from the Pittsburgh area where I grew up and live.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:07 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2019, 09:35 »
Agreed, so let's stick to the original intent and not dive off the cliff into the "Global Warming, Climate Change, Fake Science, CO2's the Devil" abyss.

FYI, SpongeBob is my favorite Hall Monitor. The wife and I still joke about that episode whenever we see someone directing traffic.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 10:16 by ksheed12 »

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #71 on: Jun 01, 2019, 09:08 »
Send this link to all your State Representatives, Senators, and the Govenor to keep the last six units on line.
https://dailyenergyinsider.com/news/19647-new-international-energy-agency-report-highlights-impacts-of-decline-in-use-of-nuclear-power/
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #72 on: Jun 01, 2019, 04:38 »
Send this link to all your State Representatives, Senators, and the Govenor to keep the last six units on line.
https://dailyenergyinsider.com/news/19647-new-international-energy-agency-report-highlights-impacts-of-decline-in-use-of-nuclear-power/

Last 6 units?

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #73 on: Jun 01, 2019, 10:16 »

Last 6 units?
My error. Last 8. Maybe I'm trying to desensitize myself as I am perceiving a lack of interest in maintaing the Commonwealth's nuclear power plants
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #74 on: Jun 02, 2019, 09:52 »
If the grid and prices support it they should die.

8 plants?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #75 on: Jun 02, 2019, 11:34 »
My error. Last 8. Maybe I'm trying to desensitize myself as I am perceiving a lack of interest in maintaing the Commonwealth's nuclear power plants

8 plants?

5 stations
  • 9 power reactors licensed to operate
  • 2 SAFSTOR (former power reactors)
1 research and test reactor licensed to operate

9 NRC sites undergoing decommissioning

2 active FUSRAP cleanups

TVA

« Reply #76 on: Jun 02, 2019, 08:19 »
I mean in PA. He references 8 plants

Offline wtselig07

• Very Lite User
« Reply #77 on: Jun 03, 2019, 06:06 »
I mean in PA. He references 8 plants

8 units. 4 sites each with 2 units.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #78 on: Jun 03, 2019, 07:41 »

😂😂😂
Thanks I needed that from someone one on the federal teat with a corporation which has tens of billions of debt dollars on its balance sheets.
😄😄😄
😘
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2019, 08:02 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #79 on: Jun 03, 2019, 08:26 »
Again which 8 plants? 6 are making plenty of profit. The others are saddled with a company in bankruptcy..

I dont work for TVA anymore but I can say they havent had Federal money for years. By statute they cannot take Federal Money.
Nothing about TVA is Federal from the Ops end.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #80 on: Jun 03, 2019, 12:52 »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #81 on: Jun 03, 2019, 01:27 »
Again which 8 plants? 6 are making plenty of profit. The others are saddled with a company in bankruptcy.....

Limerick 1 & 2, Peach Bottom 2 & 3  - Exelon - money makers,...

Susquehanna 1 & 2 - PPL - money makers,...

Beaver Valley 1 & 2 - First Energy - not so much money,...

TMI 1 - Exelon - not so much money, rumored to shut down and never start up again,....

TMI 2 - First Energy - SAFSTOR, no monies at all,...

Peach Bottom 1 - Exelon - SAFSTOR, no monies at all,...

TVA

« Reply #82 on: Jun 03, 2019, 02:02 »
See my point?

Exelon and Talen are not claiming they need money for the two unit sites.

TMI 1 is gone regardless. Single unit site and too small.

BV is part of a bankrupt corporation. The minute they take help and someone gets a bonus...

Safstor not money makers

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #83 on: Jun 03, 2019, 04:33 »

.........TMI 1 is gone regardless. Single unit site and too small.....

Oh ye of little faith!!!!

has the fat lady yet sung?!?!?!?

c'mon, dontcha think exelon will rethink it?!?!?!?

TVA

« Reply #84 on: Jun 03, 2019, 04:41 »
No. They havent bought or designed a core.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #85 on: Jun 03, 2019, 04:43 »
Oh ye of little faith!!!!

has the fat lady yet sung?!?!?!?

c'mon, dontcha think exelon will rethink it?!?!?!?

well no, nobody thinks exelon will rethink it,....

but what is a world without hope?!?!?!?!?!?

oh I know!!!!

it's a gas!!!!

TVA

« Reply #86 on: Jun 03, 2019, 05:34 »
I wish they HAD rethought it but that day is past
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2019, 07:40 by TVA »

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #87 on: Jun 10, 2019, 10:51 »
Again which 8 plants? 6 are making plenty of profit. The others are saddled with a company in bankruptcy..

I dont work for TVA anymore but I can say they havent had Federal money for years. By statute they cannot take Federal Money.
Nothing about TVA is Federal from the Ops end.

TMI is gone for the purposes of this thread. Yes it is still generating, but this is in regards to actioning the PA Legislature and Governor.

As of 2016, TVA is reported to be federally owned.
https://www.downsizinggovernment.org/privatizing-tennessee-valley-authority
A REM is a REM is a REM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?