Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Solar power mooted for Virginia uranium site honeypot

Author Topic: Solar power mooted for Virginia uranium site  (Read 219 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Solar power mooted for Virginia uranium site
« on: Apr 06, 2022, 12:33 »
   Now that is an all of the above energy plan. On the other hand an SMR or microreactor would have taken a fraction of the 1000 acres required for solar having a much smaller impact on the environment. As for disposal the lead, cadmium, and other toxic chemicals in the solar panels will not decay and will be a much larger volume of waste with a shorter life span of the panels compared to a reactor. Intermittent power production that may need batteries to levelize power making more hazardous waste at the end of life. Lithium primarily comes from China not exactly energy independence.

I know I am preaching to the choir but after my little rant:   "I am feeling much better now" Buddy from Night Court

Just sayin'  [coffee]

Solar power mooted for Virginia uranium site

https://www.world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Solar-power-mooted-for-Virginia-uranium-site

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?