Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Joe Kosmal
honeypot

Author Topic: Joe Kosmal  (Read 309 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Joe Kosmal
« on: Oct 03, 2023, 02:57 »

Joseph Kosmal, 92, of Hopewell Township, passed away Thursday, August 31, 2023.

Born on November 14, 1931, in Pittsburgh, Pa, he was the son of the late Joseph and Dorothy Kosmal.

Joe retired from Shippingport Nuclear Power Plant as the Director of Radiation Safety in 1996. He also proudly served his country as a member of the 77th Special Forces Airborne Group in the Korean War and was a founding member of the Green Berets. In retirement, Joe loved playing poker with his grandchildren, was an avid gardener who loved working in his yard until it was perfect and loved music – he was even a deejay at the Elks Club for many years.

Joe will be greatly missed by his wife of more than 70 years, Mary (Damico) Kosmal. He will also be missed by his children, Jeffrey (Susan Azadian) Kosmal and Kimberly (Louis) Herrmann; his grandchildren, Lauren (Michael) Ronayne, Ashley (Blake) Robertson, Louis Herrmann, and Kevin Kosmal; and his six great grandchildren.

Family and friends will gather on Saturday, October 7, 2023, at TATALOVICH FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATION SERVICES, INC., 2205 McMinn St., Aliquippa, PA 15001, where a memorial service CVwill be held at 1:30PM

A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline RADSLINGER

• Light User
Re: Joe Kosmal
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2023, 10:38 »
I did not know Mr. Kosmal but appreciate his military service and contributions to the nuclear industry.  Pete, thanks for keeping the Fallen Forum updated, as much as possible, with the unfortunate demise of those in the industry. 

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Re: Joe Kosmal
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2023, 02:25 »
I knew Joe, but only through work at BV. I knew him to be a good leader with great RadCon knowledge. I have a friend who went through RadCon training at SAPS under Joea who said that Joe told him; " if you make it through this training,  you'll be able to go toe to toe with any rad professional, Dr, engineer, it won't matter". After learning more about Joe's military career, I am not sure that statement was merely radiological in meaning.😅 Joe was tough but fair. I always admired him, and not only for his constant push up challenge 😉
RIP Joe, RIP
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?