Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

Getting out with Thomas Edison BSAT and MBA

<< < (8/9) > >>

bbishop:
I took the Instant SRO job at St. Lucie.  I applied for a lot of positions in training and ops with other plants.  Progress never called back.  Duke was only looking for NLEOs.  I also applied with some Nuclear Industry vendors.  They offer less money and an enormous amount of travel.  I realize what Broadzilla and others are saying about the difficulty of going this route but I'm willing put forth the effort to make it work out.  The class of instants that's wrapping up at St. Lucie this week has only had one failure and he was a self- made millionaire who decided early on that it wasn't what he wanted to be doing.  I'm very excited about this career opportunity.  Everyone I've met at the plant from the Site VP to the SRO students has been very friendly and professional.  The area is beautiful and the weather can't be beat.  Your right about the cost of living being a little higher in South Florida but the company more than compensates for it with their bonus structure and a mortgage subsidy for the first three years.  Their relocation package is also very impressive.  I got excellent feedback from this forum and email from Nukeworker members throughout my transition.  It is greatly appreciated.

Fermi2:
Then FPL gets it back with absolutely no retirement benefits eh?

Tell Chuck, Jeff, and Todd I said hello.

How would they know they had only one failure, they just took their exam last week.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Mike

Roll Tide:
I would guess "failure" means failed out of the class, not failed the NRC exam.

Congratulations SMISH. PSL has some of my old friends as well. Are you going to stay at Indian River Plantation until you find a house? I would recommend Martin County, whether you are going to be seaside or inland.

bbishop:
We're looking primarily in Vero Beach.  I'd like to put a house under contract during my house hunting trip later this month and close on it as early as possible.  Martin county seems too expensive and the yards lots are smaller. 

Fermi2:
SMISH,

When we moved to Tennessee we had a house waiting. Search all the internet sites for realtors in the area. We got lucky, we found an AssistToSale which is a realtor who gets 2995$ out of a house no matter what they sell it for so they aren't just working with the seller. Ours had a realty broker in the office above theirs. Before I started at TVA we already had a beautiful house waiting for us.

I'm not sure if assisttosell is only in Tennessee but I'm sure they have these types of realtors in Florida.

Also, try PMing M1Ark, he's a St Lucie SRO and a hell of a good guy.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version