Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Questions On Boot Camp honeypot

Author Topic: Questions On Boot Camp  (Read 5704 times)

dsv2002

Questions On Boot Camp
« on: Feb 01, 2006, 09:55 »
Hi Everyone. My name is Nicole and my husband just shipped off Sunday the 30th for boot camp. I've already gotton his address from his recruiter. How long is the expected wait for a phone call longer than 5 seconds? How often are they allowed to write? What all can I mail him? Pictures?? When he does call is it usually in the morning, afternoon or evening? I got him a phone card before he left, will he be able to use that to call me or will he have to call collect? Thanks for all your answers in advance.
If there is any Navy Wifes out there looking for someone to talk with, send me a pm.

scarecrow55

Re: Questions On Boot Camp
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:31 »
I PM'd you.  ;) If you are interested I can tell you some better suited forums for these kind of questions. This isn't exactly the best place ask general Navy questions, not that they couldn't answer them. :) Just use the e-mail I gave you if you are!

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2006, 11:41 »
I'm curious as to why other forums are better suited? The best Boot Camp and Navy advice I've ever seen has come from this forum. We have people on this forum who have either had, or currently have key leadership positions in the USN.

Mike

scarecrow55

« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2006, 03:08 »
Ack! Sorry! I didn't mean it that way! This forum is really informative and I've gotten a lot of great advice here! I just meant that if she wanted to go to some other forums with more wives on them to talk to! That's all! Sorry i'm terrible with words  :-X

ebo

Going to RT on March 13 and scared.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2006, 03:41 »
My name is Will and I am 21 y.o. I have been in DEP for several months now and never knew this site was here till a few days ago. I am leaving Mobile, AL in a little over a week to go to recruit training. Then after the 8 (or is it 9?) weeks of camp I am off to Charlston... So I have read a bunch of posts and I'm sure all of you have answered all possible questions on this board, sorry to make a new topic. I am scared, am I going to survive this? I graduated high school in '03 and havnt done anything with my self since. I told myself last june that i had to do something, go to college or join the military, so i did. Now that I am a week away I am getting nervous, I have heard too many vague horror stories and gotten the sarcastic "good luck" from too many people. Is it really that hard to pass my schools, and what happens if I fail A-School? I read on another topic about people failing NPS and getting another non-nuke job with whatever rating there a-school was... but what if i dont even make it through that? I mean, I am going to give this my 110% and try my hardest to do the right thing all the time, but there is always the "what if".  What will the housing be like in A-school/NPS? I have heard some people refer to dorms, others to barracks? Is it apartment style/college dorms? group houses? barracks?
Also, is there anything important i should know going in? Anything that will get me a millimeter ahead of the rest of my peers?
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2006, 03:46 by ebo »

Rad Sponge

Re: Going to RT on March 13 and scared.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2006, 03:45 »
Come to the chat.

ebo

« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2006, 04:16 »
Thank you for speaking with me, I feel alot better!

Rad Sponge

« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2006, 08:24 »
Most welcomed. Name your first child after me.

taterhead

« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2006, 02:42 »
Most welcomed. Name your first child after me.

very funny ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?