Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Pay

Author Topic: Navy Pay  (Read 9606 times)

dsv2002

Navy Pay
« on: Feb 15, 2006, 09:34 »
Hi, I know this isn't really a nuke question but I had no where else to turn, and I didn't think you nice people would mind answering my question.  ;D Is there a web-page to see pay stubs for the navy on. My husband is in bootcamp and we didn't receive his pay today. It was suppose to be his first check today. I'm really confused and have no where else to turn so thank you all who answer.

Xhelix

Re: Navy Pay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2006, 10:49 »
I'm not exactly sure how to check, but I know that when I went through boot camp in June-August I had about $800-$900 in my account when I finished.  I may be remembering incorrectly, but it wasn't a full two-and-a-half month's pay, so it is possible the first couple days that you expect to have some money you may not.

I'm by no means, I say again "by no means", an expert on navy pay, but unless you were counting on this money I'd just wait it out.

M1Ark

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2006, 11:36 »
Problems with navy pay?

After 18 years it looks like some things never change.

taterhead

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2006, 01:28 »
I'm not exactly sure how to check, but I know that when I went through boot camp in June-August I had about $800-$900 in my account when I finished.  I may be remembering incorrectly, but it wasn't a full two-and-a-half month's pay, so it is possible the first couple days that you expect to have some money you may not.

I'm by no means, I say again "by no means", an expert on navy pay, but unless you were counting on this money I'd just wait it out.

There is a website, but you and your husband do not have access to it yet.

How long has your husband been at boot camp?  I don't think the first check comes until the first full months is gone.  Also, his entire uniform cost is sucked up out of the first check(s).

You can contact the recruiter, perhaps he can help.

You can also try this page.  The people may be able to help you, but don't hold your breath...
http://www.dod.mil/dfas/militarypay/cchelpcustomerservice.html

graydragon67

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:33 »
I think the website taterhead was mentioning is called 'my pay'.  You can search it on google and it'll give you the exact website.  He is correct that you cannot log on to it yet.  Also his costs for clothing and such is paid for by the first couple of checks.  Plus, he's only making E-1 pay while in bootcamp, no matter what pay grade the recruiters 'said' he'd be, we're all E-1s when going thru bootcamp. 

M1Ark

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2006, 12:16 »
I think the website taterhead was mentioning is called 'my pay'.  You can search it on google and it'll give you the exact website.  He is correct that you cannot log on to it yet.  Also his costs for clothing and such is paid for by the first couple of checks.  Plus, he's only making E-1 pay while in bootcamp, no matter what pay grade the recruiters 'said' he'd be, we're all E-1s when going thru bootcamp. 

Unless things have changed... I believe I received E-3 pay in the 80's when I went through bootcamp.

dsv2002

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2006, 12:24 »
First of all I thank you very much for your responses. I contacted that Navy Pay web-page and spoke with a lady (very rude may I say) and she told me wouldn't get any pay for the 15th but to expect 2 checks on the 1st. How chopped up should I expect it to be? I was under the understandment that the only thing coming out of this check would be $200 for his card while in bootcamp that Uniforms was credited back. I need to know what to expect because that is all I get for money while he is gone. Thank you for any responses.

taterhead

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2006, 01:33 »
As for the DFAS customer service rep, they are just like any other civil servant.  It pays to be overly nice to them; they probably handle hundreds of calls from irate wives per day ;D

I would call back and try to get an exact pay amount for the end of month pay. 

The recruiter may also have the answer.  Mine did 10 years ago when my wife called him!

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2006, 05:46 »
In 1984 I got E3 pay in bootcamp.

Mike

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2006, 06:30 »
The uniforms don't get credited back 100%.  The E-3 pay accrues from the first day, but isn't paid in RTC.  The difference gets made up afterwards.  The salary is also prorated.  So If you ship on the 12th of the month, you'll only get a month's pay minus 11 days.  Sort of.  The part that's hard to understand is what a month's pay is.  Since military guys are salary, a month's pay is 1/12th of a year's pay.  It seems simple enough, but it isn't.  Payday is half of a twelfth of a year's pay.  So, figure the "monthly" pay rate, multiply that by 12, divide by 365.  This is your "daily norm".  Multiply the "daily norm" by 365, divide by 24 and you arrive at what your next two paychecks are going to be.  UNLESS somebody recalculates the daily norm in between.
I thought that being a nuke was complicated until I spent my last month of active duty in the New London disbursing office.  Go ahead ask me about travel claims.
My brain hurts now.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2006, 08:06 by BeerCourt »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

LaFeet

« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2006, 11:37 »
Hi, I know this isn't really a nuke question but I had no where else to turn, and I didn't think you nice people would mind answering my question.  ;D Is there a web-page to see pay stubs for the navy on. My husband is in bootcamp and we didn't receive his pay today. It was suppose to be his first check today. I'm really confused and have no where else to turn so thank you all who answer.

Goto https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx and set up an account.  You can use this even after your hubby leaves the service, especially if he retires

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?