Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Pipeline--->USNA/STA-21

Author Topic: Nuke Pipeline--->USNA/STA-21  (Read 4892 times)

kydron

Nuke Pipeline--->USNA/STA-21
« on: Mar 21, 2006, 08:29 »
Hey Im a depper and I was wondering, who here has actually tried and been accepted to either the USNA or STA-21 programs while in the Nuke Pipeline or knows someone who has. I realize these programs are pretty highly competive and would like to know how well did you have to do in school to have a good chance at being accepted. Top 10% of the class? Just wondering how common it is for someone doing well in the pipeline. Thank you.

JsonD13

Re: Nuke Pipeline--->USNA/STA-21
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2006, 11:30 »
It depends on a number of factors, but not everyone out of  the top 10% that applies gets selected.  I am proof of that.  I think there were 2 people out of our NPS class that got selected.  The rate goes up exponentially in prototype, but your class has to hit the right time for applications (they only take them once a year).

Good Luck!

visserjr

Re: Nuke Pipeline--->USNA/STA-21
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2006, 10:19 »
I was a STA-21 student before i was medically disenrolled, my old arthritic knees. I was selected for the CORE option, which basically means, that after college, you compete for your duty. That being said, if you are a core option, and you want to be a nuke, you write your own ticket. If you don't get accepted in NPS/NNPTu, don't fret, the boards love to see you do well in the fleet. For example, my grades wer HS 1.8 gpa, SAT 1450, Nuc A school 2.95, NPS 3.1, Prototype 3.05. As you can see I was a poor student, mainly because I was a better partier. Now in the fleet, In he seven years following school, I was quickly promoted, I held positions of leadership,(LPO on two boats) and did it well, qualified and stood higher watches than my peers. The STA board loves Sustained Superior performance in leadership roles, and further leadership potentials. DON't be an A** kisser. But, do your job well, help others excell, and surround yourself with great mentors, really listen to their advice. Look at someone who you admire, who is where you want to be and learn from tem. As for USNA, whew, !!couldn't help ya. Best of luck!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?