Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ACAD 00-003

Author Topic: ACAD 00-003  (Read 32838 times)

M1Ark

Re: ACAD 00-003
« Reply #25 on: Apr 24, 2006, 06:23 »
Sorry it took so long to answer, I really twisted the heck out of my ankle last Saturday so I've been keeping it on heat.

Hitting the blocking sleds again, Mike?

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2006, 02:49 »
Hitting the blocking sleds again, Mike?

LOL!! NO!!!! And for your info there are NFL Linemen who would have broken their back on that sled!!!! It's a fact!

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #27 on: Apr 25, 2006, 02:54 »
LOL!! NO!!!! And for your info there are NFL Linemen who would have broken their back on that sled!!!! It's a fact!

Did you mean Line Judges? Linemen are athletes......

Anyway, have we finally closed the book on the topic of qualifications?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Fermi2

« Reply #28 on: Apr 25, 2006, 02:58 »
I believe we have. It depends on if there are any more questions!

By the way not line judges, LINEMEN! BY the way the incident was not nearly as amusing as my ex Fermi compadres think!

Mike

NucEng for Hire

« Reply #29 on: Apr 25, 2006, 03:46 »
Anyway, have we finally closed the book on the topic of qualifications?

It's been helpful. Perhaps my problems stemmed from taking documents such as ACAD 00-003, ANSI-ANS/3.1, and Reg Guide 1.8 as gospel rather than guidelines. Seems like every time I talk with a utility rep or a forum member I get a different perspective on the process. It will be interesting to see if this is as much an issue if the Gen-III+ standard certified designs ever take off.

As an MSNE looking to go SRO, I have to say that the university program recruiters make it seem like retirement attrition and the "nuclear renaissance" will have NE graduates brushing interview offers away like flies. I have no doubt the opportunities are out there, but it serves a graduate student well to continue doing their employment homework even after the last final exam is taken.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2006, 04:20 by NucEng for Hire »

Fermi2

« Reply #30 on: Apr 25, 2006, 04:32 »
Well yes when the Gen 3 plants take off it'll still be an issue. Selection criteria and training accredidation are still the same regardless of the type of reactor used.

Virtually everything about training or personnel selection is a guideline, but you'd best have a very solid waiver before deviating from them. INPO and the NRC don't want to get into the business of telling you who to hire and what exact skill set the employee must meet, otherwise if that employee screws up the regulators and overseers are potentially liable. The only place that ever tells you exactly what you have to train on is 10CFR50 (Or is it 55). But it doesn't tell you how you have to do it, except in some limited instances.

It's the same as when they review your application for a plant modification that potentially effects safety. They might approve it but if it goes wrong, or later is proven to increase vulnerability to an accident they'll say "Hey it's YOUR plant, YOU'RE responsible for complying with the regulation." And that's the way it should be.

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?