Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu design school?

Author Topic: design school?  (Read 5316 times)

happyMM

design school?
« on: May 28, 2006, 06:46 »
im heading to the ssn 777,  and supposed to be going to design school,  can anyone tell me at about design school? is it a second powerschool, but for a new boat?

happyMM

Re: design school?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 12:05 »
anyone?

Xhelix

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 07:42 »
I can't say from experiance, but my CMR instructor went to design school and he talks about it like it is the best thing that can happen to MMs.

From what I recall him saying it is basically you learning how to operate a whole mess of awesome machinery, and learn how to make components such as valves and... things.

Thats all I've got, but its better then what other people have told you so far.

And by the way -- you lucky sonova... The North Carolina is the boat that I'd like to get on.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2006, 12:03 »
Yes, its like S9G power school.

happyMM

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2006, 05:57 »
And they said that class ranking would prohibit you from getting on a new boat. HA!

S9G? cant be that different LOL

LRM

« Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2006, 06:22 »
From what I understand working with those who went through design school, you get to meet the moron that put the valve where it can not be reached by any normal mechanic. They will also explain strange new concepts of design, such as using dp from the inside to the outside of an elbow to measure flow. I’d say it is an excellent opportunity to learn “Why?”.

visserjr

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2006, 09:47 »
I went to design school in 01 for 775 the TEXAS. It was a crazy exp for a mechanic, everyone else was drooling of pictures of wires while us knuckledraggers drank beer. Much faster and more difficult than power school though. It will not be over easy.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?