Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu officer program while in schooling

Author Topic: officer program while in schooling  (Read 3612 times)

DEPNUKE

officer program while in schooling
« on: May 29, 2006, 12:43 »
well i signed a in the dep a while back as a nuke  and i ship feb 07 07.  my question was about the officer program.  my recruiter keeps saying i need to try and get into one of these programs but he says he has no more information about them.  Can you tell me more like the percent of people that actually get in this program and when i need to fill out paper work and what can i do to have a better chance of getting accepted in this program.

Thank You

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: officer program while in schooling
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 10:33 »
Welcome to Nukeworker!
And thanks for your service to our country.

You have signed a contract to serve as an enlisted nuke. If you are determined to be an officer, enlisted is not a shortcut. My understanding is that you can apply at any time in the pipeline, but may have a better shot after you get to your first non-training command.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

JsonD13

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2006, 09:40 »
DEPNUKE, run a yahoo or google search for OPNAV 1420.1.  That is the enlisted to officer program instruction.  It will tell you times and paperwork to fill out.

Wirebiter

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2006, 02:44 »
Here is a link to follow to get to the Navy's actual web site.  This web site will help you put in an officer package once you have enlisted, but it also has the navy instruction. 

https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/

If you do not get accepted while you are DEP'd, then this will be your option.  Just as a back-up, I would recommend enrolling/staying in college until the last minute.  Even if its a community college or technical school.  This will give you an edge over some of the 600+ applicants every year.

Good Luck!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?