Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NORM

Author Topic: NORM  (Read 26884 times)

LMDeane

Re: NORM
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2003, 06:26 »
Oops!  Too quick on the trigger.  I thought this was about N.O.R.M.L.  Gotta get these bi-focs checked again.

LoneWolf

« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2003, 06:42 »
:)I remember while working at Turkey Point in South Florida, each time it rained, personnel would alarm the foot detectors. Could be NORM or residual activity from previous "ooooops did I spill that"? Which one do you think thay say it is?

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
« Reply #27 on: Jan 27, 2003, 01:18 »
I heard some oil corp in MS got a multi-million hit with a big settlement over rad contam equipment in its equipment yard and overexposing non-rad workers.

:)
Decomm Man

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #28 on: Jan 27, 2003, 01:38 »
t tarbox... off hand for unspecified norm on building surfaces, i'd get some gas proportional probes 'n hook  them up to a meter that can be used for both scanning and static reading purposes.  i'd get one probe for alpha and one probe for beta/gamma.  if you're going for in the ground work, it'll be harder due to geometry and energies, but a na i probe and working knowledge of the baseline for gamma at specified depths will give yinze a indication of where the stuff is.
probes i would use would be ludlum 43-68 gas proportionals.  they've got a 100cm2 active surface area....makes it easy to do yer dpm/100cm2 reporting  for the na i i'd get a ludlum 44-2 or a 44-10.
meters i prefer are the ludlum 2221...a meter that you can really abuse, no beeps, no whistles, full manual. the eberline asp2e works well also, but isn't anywhere near as durable, but has more capabilities for the hitech kinda surveyor.

'diodes with rad paint'?  sounds like sumbuddy has their hands on an old building with radium sources/painted signs.  have fun dude, that is a fun isotope to play with.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Gonzo

« Reply #29 on: Jul 18, 2006, 06:12 »
You mean the big guy on Cheers who was always at the corner of the bar? Cliff Claven's friend?

I like this definition of NORM better...  much better..  and i'm sure if we wanted we could come up with all kinds of 'norm' stories...   

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?