Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NPTU NY, Housing.. honeypot

Author Topic: NPTU NY, Housing..  (Read 5283 times)

allstarlaxman

NPTU NY, Housing..
« on: Jun 13, 2006, 04:42 »
Hey guys,

I'm down in the quite hot/humid Charleston area at NPS, and I plan on going to NY for Prototype.  I don't graduate till October, but I felt like getting a place to stay at least lined up wouldn't be too bad of an idea.  I'll be going up with 4 other guys from my class, and looking to rent a decent home, but the Realtors in the area are pretty busy dealing with track season to reply to a baby nuke's pleas. Anyway, if anyone has any info on places to rent, or advice. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
-ET3, Class 0604-5

Chelios

Re: NPTU NY, Housing..
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2006, 03:43 »
It's been awhile since I had to rent in this area (1972) and things have changed. The track season is getting every bodys attention because it's big dollar time. Landlords who have furnished places are looking to rent for August and won't even think about what's next. You can log onto the Saratogian web site or Want Ad Digest. There are also some local classified type papers such as the Wiseshopper, Free Press, etc. You might even try the navy housing office. They used to have one that was quite helpful. I wouldn't worry about getting serious about looking until September. They will all be looking for tenants to stay the winter so they don't have to pay the heating bill.

shovelheadred

Re: NPTU NY, Housing..
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2006, 08:01 »
...chelios!!!...1972...whew...I do believe things have changed...6 presidents, 3 wars, 4 new aircraft carriers...Nuke school moved from Florida,,the only thing that hasnt changed is that Rickover is still the "Father of the  Nuclear Navy".........

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?