Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Bases
honeypot

Author Topic: Nuke Bases  (Read 12689 times)

Offline smoothtoaster

• Light User
Nuke Bases
« on: Jul 11, 2006, 08:56 »
Someone mentioned that you can only be stationed in 4 or 5 places as a nuke, does anyone know where these places are?

------------------
smoothtoaster

Offline smoothtoaster

• Light User
Re: Nuke Bases
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2006, 09:27 »
Thank you.

Anyone know what the sub specific bases are?

----------------
smoothtoaster

bordway

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2006, 09:46 »
It depends on if you're sub or surface.  There are two places in Washington (Everett and Bangor and yes I know I'm not talking about Maine, I am pretty sure it's Bangor Wash), two carriers in San Diego on in Norfolk or maybe two (also one is soon to be in Japan replacing the Kittyhawk around 2008, for some weird reason they are fussing about us parking a nuclear operated ship there...  i wonder why...), Subs in San Diego, Hawaii, Norfolk, Groton, Guam, King's Bay just to name a few there are more but those are the more popular ones I think.  You have quite a variety of places as a nuke but as far as ships the only thing that kind of sucks is you're either in the biggest target the navy has to offer, or in a boat designed to sink.  They need to bring back nuclear powered cruisers and/or destroyers I think.

Tru

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2006, 09:54 »
haha due i jus wanna know if the one in japan will be used for subs or carriers cuz i so badly wnna go chill in japan man they got some great stuff there too. plus beautiful girls cant ever forget that never.

bordway

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2006, 10:05 »
As far as I know subs make port calls there but only a carrier (I think the Washington) is being stationed there.  It's in Yakuska Japan but i heard they don't like military bc of the bad things that have happened to the locals there

Tru

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2006, 11:23 »
well fine then its gone

so lets get back on the subject of Nuke Bases then

but arent most of these jus ports i know theres one in thailand but i think its jus a port there. If u count all of those there  are tons more. The truth is that nukes spend less time off the boat or sub than others. It all depends on how long they stay there, that is the key to how much leave they get from the boat.

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2006, 11:27 »
Tru are you a nuke?

Tru

« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2006, 11:30 »
not yet but i soon will be

plus ive been talkin to my homeboy thats already on a ship n stuff he's jus tellin me how it is out there n stuff

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2006, 11:32 »
I'd worry less about what your "homeboy" says and worry more about gaining actual experience before you spread heresay.

Mike

Tru

« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2006, 11:35 »
tyea i guess ur right

but i will stick up for anything i say
the worst they can do to u is kick u out
i guess i'll jus go keep all my comments to myself then

Fermi2

« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2006, 11:37 »
NO, if you're racist and make racist comments the worst they can do is give you a dishonorable discharge or bust you and take your pay. IIRC dishonorable discharge means NO voting rights, you can't own property, among other things.

I frigging HATE racists.

Mike

Tru

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2006, 11:44 »
dude but im not racist in no way im jus givin u my input on wat i experienced here
but i dont see how wat i said was racist i didnt mean to say it in any way bad im sorry if u mistook it.

Tru

« Reply #12 on: Jul 12, 2006, 12:04 »
To not sound "RACIST" or anything that is the way I got used to typing and talking. I need to relearn everything.

I got used to the way people spoke in El Paso. Trust me grammar is not a big part here. Not many people are grammarically correct. Most of it is just what you think the are tryin to say and put it together that way. I would tell you more but I don't want to make anyone mad.

Tru

« Reply #13 on: Jul 12, 2006, 12:13 »
I can get along with anyone. I just need to find out what we have in common and build from there. I'm just one of those people that can get along with anyone my style and demeanor changes with the people around me. I adapt to them.
Stress and problems will be easy for me. I can get used to it, change it, and keep my cool at all times.

Fermi2

« Reply #14 on: Jul 12, 2006, 12:17 »
I can get along with anyone. I just need to find out what we have in common and build from there. I'm just one of those people that can get along with anyone my style and demeanor changes with the people around me. I adapt to them.
Stress and problems will be easy for me. I can get used to it, change it, and keep my cool at all times.

That's a good attitude. You'll need it in the Navy. Most sailors are relatively normal guys, but the arse flakes are so monumental in their arsedom they'll stick with you for life!!

Mike

Tru

« Reply #15 on: Jul 12, 2006, 12:24 »
Well the good news is that I am the complete gentleman tye whne i first tlak to the person. Then once they start loosening up I will be able to be able to talk to them. If it all fails there is always laughter you have to back it up with.
I figure that if they don't like you oh well its on them. There is always someone else that will be able to think like you and communicate with you.

The truth about me is that I am a complete idiot. I have no clue how I got into the program or even made the requirements. Pure luck I guess.

taterhead

« Reply #16 on: Jul 12, 2006, 01:11 »
Tru-

I must say that I like your new writing style more than your earlier posts.  It was, frankly, hard for me to read.  What many of us old guys have to do is learn to meet you halfway.  Computer slang is fine for the computer, but unless I know you, I can only assume that this is how you communicate in your daily life.

Someone else said it best...you have to learn to project yourself as a professional.  The Navy, even whilst cleaning a head (toilet), is a workplace in which adults work.  Those who cannot make the transition become restrictoids and washout quickly.  This is a lesson you will learn, hopefully quickly, in your career. 

Ok, back to the original post.  There is some misinformation in this thread.

Surface Ports (by ship):
Norfolk:  Truman, Ike, Roosevelt, Washington*, Vinson**, Bush***, Enterprise
San Diego: Nimitz, Reagan
Everett WA: Lincoln
Bremerton WA: Stennis

*Scheduled to go to Yokosuka, Japan in 2008
**Refueling in Newport News (PACFLT Asset)
***New Construction in Newport News (PACFLT Asset)

NOTE: Mayport (Jacksonville, FL) is lobbying to get a nuke carrier to replace the aging Kennedy, which the Navy wants to decommission.  More to follow...

Sub Ports (general)
Groton CT, Norfolk, Kings Bay GA (boomer), San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Bangor (boomer), Guam

Tenders (sub or surface)*
USS Emory S. Land : LaMaddalena, Italy
USS Frank Cable: Guam

*Can be taken as a follow-on duty after sea duty, considered "neutral duty"

I think I got them all. 

Fermi2

« Reply #17 on: Jul 12, 2006, 08:54 »
Hopefully he won't have to learn that lesson due to personal experience!!

Mike

Wirebiter

« Reply #18 on: Jul 12, 2006, 11:58 »

Sub Ports (general)
Groton CT, Norfolk, Kings Bay GA (boomer), San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Bangor (boomer), Guam

I think I got them all. 

Perfect!..well, almost.  There is one "fast" boat in Bangor.  The Jimmy Carter is a spec-op boat of the Seawolf class, and word on the street is that it may be getting its 2 sister ships to move to Bangor with it.  So we might have both Tridents and Fast attacks in Washington.  With the addition of SSGN's, that kinda complicates things even more,  :D

taterhead

« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2006, 12:33 »
I knew there was one non-boomer in Bangor, but I couldn't remember which...

thanks for the backup.

Wirebiter

« Reply #20 on: Jul 14, 2006, 05:05 »
Not a problem tater........I work for the government, and I'm here to help  8)

LRM

« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2006, 08:30 »
Although not a real home port, significant time can be spent at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery, Maine.  A archaic yard kept alive for political reason (First Presidential primary is NH – most shipyard workers live in NH).  A couple of nuke shore billets (I think mostly for CWO/LDO).  Does SSN decom and overhaul.

Lance

taterhead

« Reply #22 on: Jul 15, 2006, 12:59 »
I work for the government, and I'm here to help  8)

LMAO thanks now go fix my dang paycheck for me!!!

Wirebiter

« Reply #23 on: Jul 15, 2006, 01:51 »
Only if they fix mine first! ,lol.  16 months of back supervisory pro-pay babay, ohhh-yeah!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?