Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Advancement as a Nuke...?
honeypot

Author Topic: Advancement as a Nuke...?  (Read 3167 times)

polojoe12

Advancement as a Nuke...?
« on: Jul 14, 2006, 10:47 »
I've read in other forums that advancement depends mainly on your rate. I understand that your begin as an E-3 and after A-School you become an E-4, but after that how hard is it go move up the ranks?

Second, how hard is Nuke school? I'm sure it's going to be tuff, and I enjoy a challenge, but I'm afraid it may be too hard and I'll fail out. Also, I realize that it ultimately depends on me, but excluding that factor. I just want to know how hard it is in general.

I know these are noob questions, but my recruiter sugar coats EVERYTHING and I want an honest answer.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Advancement as a Nuke...?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2006, 12:24 »
First things first.  You are in the right section to do a lot of searching.  Your questions have most likely been answered already but finding the answers will require some digging.  As I've seen said by many in the Navy forums now is a good opportunity to develop the research skills that will make you successful in Nuke school.  Spend a little time searching the Navy forums, perhaps using the search criteria of Nuke schooland seeing how many hits you get.

Welcome to Nukeworker and Thanks for your service to this great country!
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

taterhead

Re: Advancement as a Nuke...?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2006, 12:58 »
Our esteemed lead moderator is right, this is likely here somewhere, but I will answer your questions in the simplest short manner I can...

1.  Advancement....largely up to you.  I have known people who have made Chief in 7 years.  I also know people who are retiring as First Classes.  It's largely up to you how fast you advance.  Advancement numbers are generally steady, and usually 5-15% higher than the rest of the rates.

2.  Nuke School is fast paced, so you must find out how you can best absorb the mass of information.  Hard?  No.  Challenging?  Yes.  A little anxiety is good, but downright fear is unwarranted.

Now, go forth and read other threads!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?