Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu leave for wedding honeypot

Author Topic: leave for wedding  (Read 7362 times)

Offline smoothtoaster

• Light User
leave for wedding
« on: Jul 20, 2006, 02:00 »
if my sister gets married while i am in power school, would they allow me to take a few days leave to go to the wedding? or would i be stuck in school, unable to go?

---------------------
smoothtoaster

Fermi2

Re: leave for wedding
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2006, 02:01 »
Most likely unless someone dies or is on their death bed the answer is no. It's also something you best get used to!!

Mike

Offline smoothtoaster

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2006, 03:56 »
do you get any leave during school at all?

-------------------------
smoothtoaster

Samabby

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2006, 04:13 »
How far away from Goose Creek? If your accum is about 3.5 and it is less then 400 miles- maybe. Ask your Chief.  8)

Offline smoothtoaster

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2006, 04:36 »
it'll be in maine. so not close. originally my sister was going to get married after i was done with school, but now she wants to move the date forward and was asking me if i could go if it was moved.

i figured this was the best place to get that information.

this place kicks ass. thank you for being here.

-----------------------
smoothtoaster

visserjr

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2006, 08:51 »
How far away from Goose Creek? If your accum is about 3.5 and it is less then 400 miles- maybe. Ask your Chief.  8)

says it all. However, I would tell your sister you love her, and to send you the pictures. You will be faced with many of these type of situations in the Navy. Some will work out great, and unfortunately, you will miss a lot. I can say with the utmost certainty that there is at least 1 dude at sea at this very moment on a fast attack missing the birth of a child or death of a loved one. I guess my point is make the memories when you can, and let everyone know how you love them.
John

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2006, 09:45 »
How about trying to get off for just the weekend (flyup back will cost alot but...)  Has she set the date cause you should have a three day over labor day (if you can swing it). I am of cousre assuming you are still in power school cause we still got holidays off when I was in school,  not so at prototpye.

Best advice ASK YOUR CHIEF!!!!!

Rob
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

taterhead

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2006, 01:44 »
I attended a wedding my 4th week of A school...my own!

Got married on Saturday morning, drove to Daytona for a night of fun and free champagne, then back by Sunday afternoon for mando-hours! >:(

illegalsmile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2006, 09:44 »
No two situations are the same......command, chief, sailor......all differant. ask your chief.

Wirebiter

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2006, 10:31 »
I can say with the utmost certainty that there is at least 1 dude at sea at this very moment on a fast attack missing the birth of a child or death of a loved one.
John

And his sacrifice has not gone unnoticed......thank you fast-attack dude, where ever you are  :'(
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2006, 10:32 by Wirebiter »

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2006, 09:18 »
JUst saw this line and all I can say is ditto, my grandfather died with I was out chasing a long boat from the red team (you know the ones with the gold star and crap on the flag) in the 80's been there done that!  All I can say now is thank to those who do it for me!!!!
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?