Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Should I go back?

Author Topic: Should I go back?  (Read 4913 times)

NukeRick

Should I go back?
« on: Jul 21, 2006, 10:37 »
I was a surface nuke EM.  I've been in for 9 years, and I got picked up for the STA-21 Core option when I went back to teach at prototype. So I am free, if you know what I mean.  I am thinking about going back, because theres that bond that is hard to describe.  The only thing is, if I go back as a surface nuke.  There is no extra money right?  I know you get the extra money once you qualify engineer and do a dept head tour, but if I have 10 years, and start with my 3 year swo tour, 1 year schooling, I don't think there there is anything that will set my pay apart from doing a much harder job as a swo nuke instead of a swo.  Is there something I'm missing?  Nuke SWO's don't get propay like enlisted right ?  Just want alot of input before I do this again, if I do.

Thanks

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Should I go back?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2006, 08:56 »
All the nuke enlisted that went back as officers outside the nuke field that I talked to had regrets. It's your call, but you know the difference between nuke and non-nuke enlisted that will be working for you....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

visserjr

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2006, 04:57 »
I was picked up in 04 STA21. I will tell you. The happier buddies of mine were ones that stuck with what they knew. I knew one OC that was a sub ET, that went pilot and hated it ended up resigning his commision and got out on an admin sep. So Go where the passion is, money will follow.

John

Wirebiter

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2006, 05:36 »
Any thoughts about Sub-nuke officer?  Won't have to worry about your SWO tour.  You will attened engineer school before the time your ready to put on LT.  They just lowered the sea tour length for Junior Sub Officers from 36 months to 32.  You can be at your department head tour by your 8th year easy.  If you can get on as an Eng somewhere, thats over 100k a year, easy.  Just something to think about.

-Rob

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2006, 09:06 »
Give these websites a try; right from the horse's mouth.

http://www.npc.navy.mil/Officer/SurfaceWarfare/PayIncentives/

http://www.npc.navy.mil/Officer/SubmarineNuclear/Incentive+Programs.htm

I you have more questions, I can put you in touch with a Nuke SWO.

Joe

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?