Facility & Company Information > Callaway

Callaway

<< < (2/16) > >>

Rennhack:
Please reply to this topic if you have (or know who has) a contract at this facility.  If you (they) have multiple contracts (i.e. QC & NDE) please mention all of them.  Also, please remember to post company contact information, including but not limited to company phone number, email and web site address.  Also, if there is a specific person at the company people should ask for, you should mention their name and extension. We maintain a chart of contracts, the information posted here will be added to the contract chart.

This includes any information on Local Unions!
Chart: http://www.nukeworker.com/jobs/contract_lists/

Nuclear NASCAR:
[smiley=wave.gif] OK, the outage is over & the fine group of techs that came to help us are gone. How did we do in your opinion? I didn't have that much contact with many of you during the outage but did before it while building pre-outage scaffolding. Asa Wallace & Paul Pointer were the 2 I had the most contact with & I just hope you both come back next time. Nothing against any of the rest of ya'll, I just didn't have any contact.  :)

Did we do OK  ;), Really Good  =D, or do we still have a lot of room for improvement  [smiley=tp.gif]?  It's only my 3rd Nuclear Outage so what seems OK to me might not quite measure up in the rest of the industry.

DainJer:

--- Quote --- [smiley=wave.gif] OK, the outage is over & the fine group of techs that came to help us are gone. How did we do in your opinion? I didn't have that much contact with many of you during the outage but did before it while building pre-outage scaffolding. Asa Wallace & Paul Pointer were the 2 I had the most contact with & I just hope you both come back next time. Nothing against any of the rest of ya'll, I just didn't have any contact.  :)

Did we do OK  ;), Really Good  =D, or do we still have a lot of room for improvement  [smiley=tp.gif]?  It's only my 3rd Nuclear Outage so what seems OK to me might not quite measure up in the rest of the industry.
--- End quote ---

If the scaffolding was built without anyone getting hurt badly....without destroying any plant equipment, then it was a good outage...it takes about 6 or 7 before ya realize there really isnt "good" or "bad" outages just "different" outages. ask 5 different people how the outage went you will get 5 different answers:) leaving intact always makes it a success.

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote ---

If the scaffolding was built without anyone getting hurt badly....without destroying any plant equipment, then it was a good outage...it takes about 6 or 7 before ya realize there really isnt "good" or "bad" outages just "different" outages. ask 5 different people how the outage went you will get 5 different answers:) leaving intact always makes it a success.
--- End quote ---

Safety-wise I think it might be our best outage yet. Last I heard we had 2 recordables, 1 company & 1 contractor.

Scaffolding went pretty smooth as far as nobody getting hurt & no plant equipment hurt by it. Still had a few who needed some coaching on wearing fall protection but I fear that problem will be around a little while. I understand the desire to get the job built & move on to the next one but the wrong fall & you're laid up for months, life, or you're dead.  :(

I appreciate the feedback Dainjer. Still new to this part of the company. Worked at a few dirt burners & some other parts of the company before going nuclear. I'm impressed by the fact that it almost seems we're a plant that just happens to be part of a larger company & there seems to be a great camraderie among fellow nukes that I didn't see at the coal plants.  It's really pretty refreshing except the Navy-way-is-the-right-way attitude that still seems prevalent on many levels. I'm still glad I ended up here, kinda wish I'd come here years ago, but that's another thread. ;D

Rennhack:
Don't forget to go to the "Rate a site" section and vote for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version