Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu pay during school  

Author Topic: pay during school  (Read 7910 times)

floyd_n

pay during school
« on: Aug 12, 2006, 05:43 »
I dont know if i really trust my recruiter on this one. Do I get paid at E3 during nuke school or just get to wear rank. A Marine friend of mine said when he went to his school, he was getting "school pay" which was almost nothing.
-Thanks
  Floyd

ELTsmag

Re: pay during school
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2006, 09:16 »
It's not just a "school".

You will go to boot camp where you will be paid E3, be enlisted at E3, but referred to as an E1 (Seaman Recruit).

Once you graduate, you will be both referred to as a Seaman/Fireman at the rank of E3 but you will also be getting paid the same.

You will then attend 3-6 months of A School Training at E3 pay, and upon graduation you will be automatically promoted to E4 (pay and rank).  Almost everybody in Nuclear Power School is an E4 (Petty Officer 3rd Class).

Upon graduation of Nuclear Power School, the first portion of your Enlistment bonus will be paid to you (I think they give you 1/3 your bonus after Power School) and you will move on to Prototype for another 6 months.

At the end of Prototype, you will get the rest of your bonus, all your back sub-pay if you volunteered for the Sub Fleet (comes up to around $1,000 extra) and will begin to collect pro-pay as well, also including sea-pay assuming you move on to the fleet.

DarkMesa8

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2006, 02:32 »
That was one of my worries as well, but my LES that I got during boot camp was definitely E3 pay.  During boot camp, you'll have to do a lot of paperwork and on a good portion of it you put down your rank/paygrade as SR (seaman recruit)/E1.  Don't worry, you are getting your E3 pay.

visserjr

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2006, 07:57 »
Went through Power school as an E-2 11 years ago. Paid as an E-2. Have to admit I am confused on this 1/3rd bonus thing. When I went through, you didn't get squat until after Prototype.

floyd_n

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2006, 04:56 »
They are giving me a $12,000 bonus when I graduate nuke school, or I guess after prototype, but they dont like to give it in a lump sum so it gets split up.

huyner

« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2006, 12:25 »
what is the current pay rate for E-3s?

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO

huyner

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2006, 09:27 »
thank you war eagle for the links

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2006, 09:36 »
Any time. You're welcome.  8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?