Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Misdemeanor Maladies

Author Topic: Misdemeanor Maladies  (Read 4637 times)

jamdaws

Misdemeanor Maladies
« on: Sep 20, 2006, 11:34 »
I was curious if anyone, especially you recruiter types, knew if class 'A' misdemeanors are waiverable for the nuke program?  Class 'A' is the highest class of misdemeanor, just under a felony.

Samabby

Re: Misdemeanor Maladies
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2006, 10:58 »
What did your recruiter tell you?

jamdaws

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2006, 12:42 »
he said probably but he needs to look into it.  so i am still waiting.  figured i would ask you guys.

SenorPabis

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2006, 02:14 »
I had two class B/ C misdemeanors and I had to get a waiver and talk to the commanding officer of my MEPS station in order to get the Nuke contract, so as someone who just went through the process I would say it would be waiverable depending on the severity of it.  Youre gonna have to fill out a paper regarding it to submit to some high up, so they will assess it on an individual basis more than likely.

Could be wrong though, just making my educated guess javascript:void(0);
Undecided

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2006, 02:47 »
   "Needs of the Navy" that is a key phrase. I served in the 70's, when I entered the Navy the draft kept enlistment in programs like Nuclear Propulsion fat with personnel. After the draft ended "nukes" were hard to come by. The difference was a wash-out attitude that dropped the bottom third of my "A" school class even if you had passing grades or removal from the program with two speeding tickets or being late to work twice in six months, then after the end of the draft it was...you smoked dope??...that's ok we forgive you just don't do it again. The Navy goes through peaks and valleys in enlistment all the time, if you want it, don't give up and make an earnest effort. Make sure that your recruiter is aware of your strong desire to enter the program as he is the one making the effort for the waiver. He will have to convince someone else who will be making a judgement call.

jamdaws

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2006, 12:11 »
well that makes me feel a lot better senorpabis.  i am glad that it at least seems possible.  hopefully they will have a large need for nukes and let me in.  i don't know if it will be more difficult for me since i am trying to go in as an NR officer.  if it isn't too personal to ask....what were your misdemeanors?  maybe they were comparable to my misdemeanor.  thanks again for any and all information.

Offline Bighouz107501

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2006, 07:59 »
That should be waiverable...2 friends of mine received page thirteens and still never lost their security clearance...i dont think it would be a problem...hell I witnessed them give a clearence to some1 2 years older than the age cutoff...so who knows what they wil do

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?