Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Record CRD time? honeypot

Author Topic: Record CRD time?  (Read 9946 times)

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
Record CRD time?
« on: Oct 24, 2006, 06:54 »
What's the record for CRD replacement in terms of days?  Cooper's in the lead w/ 3 pulled in four days!  Top that if you can!

Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Record CRD time?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2006, 07:13 »
We did as many as 7 on a shift during the Pilgram piping replacement. We had a lot of practice as we did all but the outer ring somewhere around a hundred or so drives.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2006, 08:42 »
Me and Diamond Jim Brady covered about 8 in a shift at Pilgrim about 6 yrs ago. Man, he just lived to be under vessel - smooth as glass, no uptakes, no overexposures - old school HP
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

diliigaf

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2006, 05:30 »
What's the record for CRD replacement in terms of days?  Cooper's in the lead w/ 3 pulled in four days!  Top that if you can!

:D  Not trying to be rude but,,, apparently you have not covered many CRD jobs... I have been at several sites that would have 4 or 5 pulled by lunch time... 8)

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2006, 05:46 »
 >:(

Well, that's the point. We have 10 to pull. Should have been done fairly quick, but for some reason or another...just hasn't been happening.  Go figure?  Me personally, I think the little green men have something to do with it.   I was just gonna go in w/ my lead tech, pull it out ourselves and just tote it up to the CRD repair room.  :P
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Melrose

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:02 »
Fitzpatrick, RFO17,

17 drives changed out in 7 hours.  GE- ;D

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:48 »
OK...nobody's understanding my compter sarcasm...  We're up to a WHOPPING 5 CRD's in 5 days!  WHOO-HOO!

diliigaf

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:51 »
Fitzpatrick, RFO17,

:o That's one hell of a pace...
              Was that incident free???  ???

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:58 »
 :P

We're having incidents right and left around here.  I think we have more incidents per hour than were putting in CRDs.  We managed to reset our site clock though!  I hear the fuel pool water's kinda warm...might have to break out the speedos and copious amount of beer.

Gonzo

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2006, 08:57 »
OK...nobody's understanding my compter sarcasm...  We're up to a WHOPPING 5 CRD's in 5 days!  WHOO-HOO!

i caught the humor (good stuff)..  i worked cooper fall outage of 02 i think..   it took something like 36 hours to shut down so they could start the outage..  i think it was tagging problems that operations was having and they finally just sent an sro around with every tag out to ensure it was done properly...   we had a great speech that outage from the rpm...  "i don't know what you guys do over there cuz i'm over here...  but ya gotta do it better cuz i'm on the license"...    well, maybe not his exact words...  anyway, had a great time at cooper working for darkmatter...   although, it was a little boring during the off hours in the small towns and cafes...

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2006, 10:21 »
Fitzpatrick, RFO17,

The gear for removal must be much better today. 17 drives in seven hours is less than 15 minutes per drive movement, removal of the old and insertion of the rebuild being seperate movements. This would have been impossible at Pilgram in "84". I guess that would make the rate of CRD change out at Cooper even more ludicrous and frustrating. I'm curious, what is the state of the art "must have" technology for CRD handling now?

Melrose

« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2006, 10:38 »
                 :o That's one hell of a pace...
              Was that incident free???  ???

Yes, incident free....... :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?