Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Family at New York Prototype  

Author Topic: Family at New York Prototype  (Read 8120 times)

wageman

Family at New York Prototype
« on: Dec 03, 2006, 02:52 »
Does anyone know if I have any chance of going to New York for prototype if I have a family (wife and 2 kids), I have heard that the Navy will not pay to move us up there, so we will be stuck here in Charleston, but I have also heard that because they try to keep the prototypes well diversified the I have as good of a chance as any to go there. Thanks.

Charles U Farley

Re: Family at New York Prototype
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2006, 07:32 »
Yes, you have a chance.  New York is not some mystic place filled with bachelors and bachelors only.  However, when would you be slated to go?

wageman

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2006, 08:57 »
I am in 0606 so we are the next class to graduate (02FEB06), they are keeping us in the dark about the situation in New York.  Each day the plans for us change, first it was that no (or very few) students would go to New York but most recently the told us that New York would be taking a good number of mechanics.  So I really do not know what to expect.  Everything is very disorganized.

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2006, 09:02 »
Always remember that while the USMC has SEMPER FI! we in the Navy have the more powerful and more often used SEMPER GUMBY!

Rob
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

visserjr

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2006, 05:18 »
I can promise you this. Before you graduate Power School, someone(most likely a supervisor) will spend a lot of time one on one with you as far as where you will go to prototype, and how you will get there. If I recall, we didn't know until a couple of weeks before graduation. Besides Charleston is much nicer than New York in Feb.

DJM75

« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2006, 01:06 »
I'm pretty sure that if they send you to NY that they will pay for it.  They can't expect you to move yourself up there on your own pay.  I left NY in Apr05 after spending 4.5yrs there and I never heard of them not paying for someone to move up there or making someone move up there without there family. 
  Don

Rad Sponge

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2007, 04:21 »
There was a post in this thread that was removed because it gave operational status of a Navy Base, which is not appropriate information to discuss in a public forum. Just a friendly reminder to please be cautious of posting information which could be construed as "FOUO" or "NOFORN".

R/ JMK
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2007, 04:21 by JMK »

wageman

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2007, 08:31 »
Just as an update for anyone who might read later, I got sent to NY and they paid to bring my whole family up here so that is good.  BTW we like it here so much more than Charleston even in the cold and snow.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2007, 03:08 »
Are you in offcrew now? Marf I assume?

Justin

wageman

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 11:53 »
Yes marf, section 3

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 09:25 »
Ah yes now I made the connection. I might have given you a checkout or two. :)

Justin

LaFeet

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 06:53 »
Hey, the Navy WILL pay for you and your family to move to New York. We were given a big huge brief on this last week. Familys are allowed to move, but remember, you only get 8000 lbs (that SHOULD be more then enough however).

Feel free to pm me about this stuff, I have the actual papers in my possesion now, and am able to give you some sort of advice on the matter.

Bottom line - this forum is not a replacement for tlaking to your SLPO however. Good luck! I head out to prototype in 7 weeks :)

8000 pounds  - that SHOULD be enough for you and yours.  As you get along and rise in rank, that 8000 lbs grows.  I believe the max is 16000.   

And yes, if you receive orders (accompanied) the Navy will pay for your family to move as well.  Be prepared, there will most likely be some money coming out of your pocket.  Try to have money set aside PRIOR to moving vice taking advance pay or getting a loan.

Good luck at prototype..... and Good luck down the road

Lafeet

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?