Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu USNA and Nuke School?

Author Topic: USNA and Nuke School?  (Read 5021 times)

DarkMesa8

USNA and Nuke School?
« on: Dec 21, 2006, 10:49 »
Found out during lunch today that I recieved a Letter of Assurance to the United States Naval Academy, class of 2011.   ;D

If I can get my medical qualified, I'll have an appointment waiting for me to the Academy which kicks arse.  Not too worried, since I qualified for OCS a year ago, and qualified to enlist which is where I sit now. 

Within the past two weeks...

I have started power school
Been chosen for section (class) leader
Started a new relationship with a wonderful girl
And been selected for the USNA.

Its been a good month so far.

(PS, I betcha I made a lot of the veteran posters here cringe with the title of this thread)

Samabby

Re: USNA and Nuke School?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2006, 09:59 »
Best of luck - great news!!  8)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2006, 02:07 »
(Cringe)

I hope you are far enough along in NNPS to realize the quality of the enlisted men that will be working for you. Some USNA graduates don't realize it. Then they get out and don't go work in commercial nukes because they will have to work for ex-enlisted.

I have been grateful when accepted for programs in the past, though my peers have asked if I need a head examination for accepting the change. Be grateful for the opportunity, and then make the best of it. Congratulations, and thank you for your continued service, which assures our freedom.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

DarkMesa8

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2006, 06:16 »
The friends that I have made here are absolutely wonderful, even when on leave a few months back it was cool seeing everyone else, but there was something inside of me that wanted to get back to base to hang out with all my shipmates again.  I most certainly will miss them.

shayne

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2006, 02:52 »
Congrats and good wishes...

DarkMesa8

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2007, 12:55 »
In January, I recieved orders to PCS from NNPTC to the USNA.  I was in week 6 of power school.  They wanted myself (and two other petty officers) to sit through classes with the mids since we were weak on certain science/math areas.  All three of us are 22, so too old to send to NAPS, but just young enough for the Academy.  I reported to Annapolis on Jan 29th.

Last month (February) I recieved my vision waiver and recieved a fully qualified offer of admission.  Of course, I accepted.  Its been nice being at the Academy, seeing what the Plebes go through now.  I live across the river so I still have regular freedoms and I'm trying to enjoy them now, especially since I'm still getting E4 pay.

Come late June, I'll get my discharge and become a Plebe. 

One of the big things that I know helped was my performance at NNPTC.  For the vast majority of the weeks under instruction, I at least doubled my weekly required study hours and was always shooting for leadership positions, in A School, T-Track, and that short stint in power school.  My study time input was pointed out during my interview, and the A-DOS actually pulled me aside during graduation and told me that my effort was recognized by the higher ups, and he knew I was applying for the Academy.  Just thought I'd put that on the message board to help contribute.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2007, 02:21 »
Huge congratulations (that's what you say after a decade out of the canoe club instead of Bravo Zulu)!
And thanks for updating the posting.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2007, 02:36 »
Huge congratulations (that's what you say after a decade out of the canoe club instead of Bravo Zulu)!
And thanks for updating the posting.

Congratulations.

"This too, will pass".

Remember that when it gets rough, and it will.

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2007, 04:30 »
Good job, and thank you for the advice you gave to future candidates. I only hope that can figure out how to utilize the search function to find it.

Well done,

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?