Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu docommin honeypot

Author Topic: docommin  (Read 4406 times)

cave_dog42

docommin
« on: Jan 08, 2007, 07:26 »
, im about to graduate from prototype and i got assigned to the uss honolulu, which is currently gettin decomm'd. i was wonder what life/ work will be like while decomming it. is it gonna be a pretty good deal coming out of protype or am i gettin screwed? any input is welcome

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
Re: docommin
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2007, 11:24 »
Your in the Navy.  Of course your gonna get screwed.  Don't fret, it isn't forever, you'll have great experience and a career when you are done, and getting screwed builds character. :)
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2007, 01:58 »
You will be in a construction environment that will delay your quals if that is important to you. One of the things you will encounter is the removal of the nose section of the Honolulu to be installed on the San Fransisco, the boat that collided with the underwater mountain crushing her bow.

Rifleman

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2007, 04:25 »
 the clock is ticking on your enlistment, you are not going to sea....

quitcher'bitch'n

I say anytime you're not out to sea is a thumbs up, you can plan things like going to school or what have you, take advantage of the extended shore time.  It's more the exception then the rule.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2007, 01:00 »
Some people go right to a tender or maintenance facility.  Not every nuke goes right to an operating reactor for their first assignment.  While your classmates are scrubbing bilges, you are going to get to learn a LOT about systems, RadCon, and LIBERTY!!
Go to night school and get your degree.
When you get to an operational ship, you will know a lot more about the ship than you think because you will see what one looks like when it is taken apart.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

cave_dog42

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2007, 08:06 »
any idea about working hours, living arrangments, stuff like that?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?