Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC to Project Management?  

Author Topic: NUPOC to Project Management?  (Read 2289 times)

Parkins

NUPOC to Project Management?
« on: Feb 07, 2011, 09:03 »
Hello All,

I have been reading through alot of these posts for the last couple weeks and have a question that hopefully hasn't already been asked and escaped me.

I am considering joining the NUPOC program as either surface or sub (woman here, excited about being one of the first girls in a sub, but idk if that really sounds fun to me... haha). MechE graduating in May.

I am hoping to become a project manager eventually. Going right out into industry, I would most likely have to work as an engineer for 10-15 years before becoming a PM. I am hoping the Navy can accelerate that, and after I leave with some Officer leadership type experience, I could directly find a civilian PM job.

This is not my ONLY reason for joining the program, but definitely a perk.

Thoughts? Possible or no?

Thanks,
Carly

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
Re: NUPOC to Project Management?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2011, 09:12 »
Look into the NR Engineering position through NUPOC.  It's not an operational type job, but more engineering related.  You're gpa has to be very high though.  The other option would be to look into the EDO options (nuclear and conventional).  You'll start out in an operational roll (unrestricted line officer) then transfer into the EDO role after getting your pin.  These positions more closely relate to PM on the outside.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?