Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Getting back in?  

Author Topic: Getting back in?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline 730SMAG

• Moderate User
Getting back in?
« on: Apr 18, 2011, 05:07 »
So, say I separated from the Navy with an RE-R1 re-enlistment code in January of 2009.

What's the process to get re-enlisted as a nuke ELT?  Do I go through the pipeline again?  Do I have to undergo any sort of exams or certifications?  Is it an administrative hassle to re-enlist in non-continuous periods of service as a nuke?

Not actually doing it at the moment, but I am exploring possibilities to see just what I have to look forward to if my academic efforts are less than entirely successful.

drayer54

Re: Getting back in?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2011, 05:44 »
So, say I separated from the Navy with an RE-R1 re-enlistment code in January of 2009.

What's the process to get re-enlisted as a nuke ELT?  Do I go through the pipeline again?  Do I have to undergo any sort of exams or certifications?  Is it an administrative hassle to re-enlist in non-continuous periods of service as a nuke?

Not actually doing it at the moment, but I am exploring possibilities to see just what I have to look forward to if my academic efforts are less than entirely successful.
We had a guy on our ship with a couple of years of broken service. He was a nuke and came right back in and was sent straight to sea. I don't have any actual references, only the story of a way old EM1 that came back in.
I'm sure a recruiter or one of those handy regional nuke recruiters could answer that.

Offline yota

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:30 »
If you can't find an answer any other way (recruiters, etc.), you could try contacting Master Chief Phelps.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,18063.msg102636.html#msg102636

His contact info is included in the above linked post. He may also be reached on Facebook under "Bull Nuke", and in my experience is more than willing to talk with people regarding anything related to naval nuclear enlistment. He is "THE" man when it comes to deciding if the Navy can/will accept you back into the program.

Good luck.

Offline 730SMAG

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2011, 11:02 »
We had a guy on our ship with a couple of years of broken service. He was a nuke and came right back in and was sent straight to sea. I don't have any actual references, only the story of a way old EM1 that came back in.
I'm sure a recruiter or one of those handy regional nuke recruiters could answer that.
Okay.  Thanks for the data; I'll have to check with the recruiter when I get a chance.

If you can't find an answer any other way (recruiters, etc.), you could try contacting Master Chief Phelps.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,18063.msg102636.html#msg102636

His contact info is included in the above linked post. He may also be reached on Facebook under "Bull Nuke", and in my experience is more than willing to talk with people regarding anything related to naval nuclear enlistment. He is "THE" man when it comes to deciding if the Navy can/will accept you back into the program.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?