Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Re: Enlisted Bonus Went Up  

Author Topic: Re: Enlisted Bonus Went Up  (Read 94046 times)

MinnNukeRecruiter

Re: Enlisted Bonus Went Up
« on: Nov 07, 2006, 02:24 »
June-Oct   $16,000 bonus
Nov-Jan    $18,000
Feb-May   $20,000 

Thats a helluva lot more than what I got, so you newbies be thankful. Hope to talk to more of you seasoned veterans soon.

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2008, 08:51 by Rennhack »

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Re: Enlisted Bonus Went Up
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2006, 05:29 »
Hey everyone, here's my first post on this website: MM2(SS) Pecore

ex-USS Key West SSN 722 M-Div, now bringing more nukes to you than anywhere else in the nation.

Welcome Aboard ;D

Hopefully you'll be able to give some factual answers to those seeking information here, that's what NukeWorker is all about...trying to help folks.

Thanks in advance for your input, and Thank You for serving our Country ;D

your friendly neighborhood moderator

hopster  8)
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2007, 11:36 by Shayne »
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

longball4414

The enlistment bonus went up?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2007, 02:16 »
In the beginning of 2006 when I signed up the bonus to join the Navy as a nuke was

June-Oct   $8,000 bonus
Nov-Jan    $10,000
Feb-May   $12,000

From what I understood, but now I just read in a post that it is

June-Oct   $16,000 bonus
Nov-Jan    $18,000
Feb-May   $20,000

Is this true? I'm referring to the post in the "Welcome aboard, you're a dink!" thread, but felt it was off topic there and needed a new post.

If this is true, I'm leaving in May for sure  ;D

dav8

Re: The enlistment bonus went up?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:03 »
They can change at any time without notice---talk to your recruiter.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2007, 06:03 by dav8 »

JsonD13

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2007, 02:35 »
I am not for sure but I believe the bonus you signed up for when you signed papers at MEPS is what your'e stuck with.  I would check and see if you need to sign a new contract for this.

redimsok

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2007, 11:39 »
the bonus you signed up for when you signed papers at MEPS is what your'e stuck with. 

Hate to break it to you, but he's right. unless you change your ship date and get a new contract, you will get the bonus you signed up for. the good news is that 12,000 is still a lot of money when you have no bills. 1/3 after power and 2/3 after prototype. best of luck in school and the navy

longball4414

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2007, 02:13 »
My situation looks like this. I was supposed to leave last september, but something happened. I currently don't have a shipping date, but I have the option still since my test scores are good for two years.

BuddyThePug

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2007, 03:31 »
but something happened.

That leaves a world of possibilities, can you elucidate?

longball4414

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:37 »
Doesn't matter what happened. I'm not in DEP, but my recruiter still calls me checking in every once in a while. The option to sign back up is still there.

homersimpson

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2007, 02:40 »
i can vouch for the higher numbers being current

longball4414

« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2007, 01:52 »
i can vouch for the higher numbers being current

Woohoo, awesome man. Thanks. Good news!  ;D

jasonmv

« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:43 »
Hey guys, I'm a Nuke DEP'er and not leaving until May, but I browse this site for info on the Nuclear Pipeline.  Anyhow, I keep seeing that most people say that the max bonus is more than likely gonna be 12k, and I agree, but a tip for any people who are thinking of getting into the Navy nuke program:  Take college courses, as early as high school, if possible.  I took some dual enrollment courses in high school and a semester of college and I'm getting a 14k bonus.  On top of that, depending on who you talk to in MEPS, you could get 20% of it after RTC (this is what is in my contract).  But I suppose it depends, I read somewhere on here that recruits get a third after Power school, not RTC.  I would have gotten 15k, but I needed to get more college credits (your recruiter should be able to explain how many credits for every 1k you get).  Good luck to all New Nukes and Godspeed!

redimsok

« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2007, 05:48 »
what long ball said is true, with college you can get part of your bonus after rtc BUT and i have to stress this, YOU HAVE TO GET IT IN YOU CONTRACT AT MEPS. if you don't get it in your contract it won't matter if you have 2 masters, u won't get a penny more than anybody else.

for everyone else you get 1/3 of your bonus after power school (the second school) and the rest after prototype.

grimmreaper42

« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2007, 05:13 »
The bonuses did go up, I have an 18k bonus waiting for me right now.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2007, 06:10 »
The bonuses did go up, I have an 18k bonus waiting for me right now.

Good for you. Good luck.

Clerisy

« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2007, 06:17 »
I signed my contract today.  $16,000.

Fermi2

« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2007, 03:37 »
Good luck but you're still a bunch of NUBs.

Mike

drbyyz

« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2007, 05:00 »
I signed up february 15th and got a 16,000 bonus.  whats all this about college credits, I have around 60 and no one said a word to me about using them to get my money sooner.

drbyyz

« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2007, 05:28 »
So I just signed a contract today for a new boot camp date and my bonus went from 16k to 20k...I guess it does have to do with when you leave.

Handgimp

« Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2007, 05:44 »
I signed up february 15th and got a 16,000 bonus.  whats all this about college credits, I have around 60 and no one said a word to me about using them to get my money sooner.

When I came in I got $10k for nuke and $6k for 84 hours of college. I got 1/3 of the total bonus paid after a-school graduation, and the final 2/3 after prototype graduation. If you have no college kicker, you got 1/2 after Power School grad and the other 1/2 after prototype grad.

Be advised that if you fail out of prototype (or get denuked for any reason that's considered your fault), you will have to pay back the portion you received after Power School.

longball4414

« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2007, 01:39 »
My recruiter just told me it was 8-20k depending on when you leave.

Samabby

« Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2007, 08:55 »
" My recruiter just told me ..... "

Always consider the source very carefully, my young friend.  8)

LaFeet

Re: Welcome Aboard, you're Dink.
« Reply #22 on: Apr 27, 2007, 03:42 »
June-Oct   $16,000 bonus
Nov-Jan    $18,000
Feb-May   $20,000 

Thats a helluva lot more than what I got, so you newbies be thankful. Hope to talk to more of you seasoned veterans soon.

MM2(SS) Pecore

ex-USS Key West SSN 722 M-Div, now bringing more nukes to you than anywhere else in the nation.

WOW  can I get in on this band wagon??? I promise to be able to pass all those silly exams. And I even go subs..... cause they be neato

cleonard19

« Reply #23 on: Jun 22, 2007, 01:40 »
Got mine today for $18k +$2k College credits But the way the chief petty officer at MEPS explained it to me is that they offer you a better bonus at different times of the year to keep things flowing. They get a massive influx of high school grads going during the summer, but as things fill up they have to deal with losing all these high school grads to college and other jobs. So basically the longer you have to wait past your H.S. graduation, the more they pay to keep you in. and then of course it all bottoms out again as the next wave of HS grads comes through.

PunchOut

« Reply #24 on: Jul 22, 2007, 06:37 »
how do they pay out the bonus for the nuke program?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?