Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Need all your positive thoughts and prays

Author Topic: Need all your positive thoughts and prays  (Read 24752 times)

JustinHEMI05

Re: Need all your positive thoughts and prays
« Reply #25 on: Sep 13, 2007, 12:40 »

hahahaha!!! that made me literally laugh out loud! :) thank you for putting a smile on my face after a long day of work :)

What? You weren't all smiles after a long day at work in the Navy???  ;D LOL

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Congrats to your sons!

Justin

PS

I just got home from a 10 hour day studying electrical schematics and I am all smiles. :)
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007, 12:42 by JustinHEMI05 »

mlslstephens

« Reply #26 on: Sep 15, 2007, 08:21 »
Congrats to the Twins for the NPS graduation.  :)

Navnu

« Reply #27 on: Sep 15, 2007, 10:26 »
Congrats to the twins, and I hope that they enjoy leave because Prototype is no picnic. I'm about to finish up the first phase, so I know exactly what they are going to be doing to start with. Let me know which boat they are on and I'll give them all the help that I can, but the best advice that I can give for now is to work hard from the start.

navytwinmom

« Reply #28 on: Sep 16, 2007, 07:33 »
Thanks everybody. grad was great...dont know what it is about 300 men and woman in summer whites that makes me all misty...LOL

I will post some pics on the web when i get home...

Take care

mlslstephens

« Reply #29 on: Sep 17, 2007, 01:15 »
...dont know what it is about 300 men and woman in summer whites that makes me all misty...LOL

The thought of 300 men and women in summer whites gets me misty eyed too...that is, of course, if they are attending my upcoming retirement ceremony.  :) 

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #30 on: Sep 21, 2007, 08:32 »
Congratulations and good luck to your sons (daughters).  With regard to their re-enlistment plans, there are many things to consider.  Advantages of "STAR":  Make E-5 faster, therefore make E-6 faster, therefore more regular pay.  With E-5 comes more sea pay and sub pay and the option to live off base, depending on location.  Unless your sons go to instructor duty, their chances of rolling early to shore duty are minimal.  The most important thing to consider is whether or not your sons like their duty.  Navy nuke life on board ship is not for everyone, though if they like it after the first 18 months on board, they will probably continue to like it.  Every case is different.  I hated my first boat but re-enlisted for the money after I got paid for E-5 (I made it off the test at NPTU).  I rolled a year early to teach at nuke power school (I waived a C school).  I had no intention of staying in but while on shore duty I made Chief and rolled back to sea.  I had a great CPO tour though it was very challenging.  I'm now a Master Chief getting ready to retire next year after 24 years of service.  It just goes to show you anything can happen.  -Derek Murray
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?