Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Talk about Bartlett

Author Topic: Talk about Bartlett  (Read 370557 times)

radman5030

Re: Bartlett
« Reply #175 on: Dec 07, 2004, 01:05 »
Isn't it Great???

It will just get better for all of us now, this is a much better idea than the ole IBEW 1500.  It just show you that we never needed a union like they told us,  our insurance is getting better, and our retirement plan, out of this world, instead of working 3 outages a year in nine months, we can now do it in less than 9 weeks. But the bestest is  now one contractor can have the primary and secondary contract so we don't have to choose anymore.  What a load off our minds.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #176 on: Dec 07, 2004, 01:29 »
Maybe some of us need to make contact with the real world - a place where you work where you are told to work if you want the job at all.

Don't like the pay and benefits?  Do something else.

Don't like the bosses?  Go somewhere else.

Want to be in control of your own destiny?  Start your own business.  We'll see you when you come back because that didn't exactly work out.  If it does work out, good for you.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #177 on: Dec 07, 2004, 10:42 »
Hey there BIERCORT.    Lighten up a little.
I know that YOU have never complained about anything.
I thought you were a moderator.
There was nothing moderate in your comments.

As to "THE MERGER" there are a lot of us skeptics out here in  the real world of seeing is believing .

Old HP

scruffy

« Reply #178 on: Dec 08, 2004, 11:30 »
Maybe some of us need to make contact with the real world - a place where you work where you are told to work if you want the job at all.

Don't like the pay and benefits?  Do something else.

Don't like the bosses?  Go somewhere else.

Want to be in control of your own destiny?  Start your own business.  We'll see you when you come back because that didn't exactly work out.  If it does work out, good for you.

Thats not very realistic or sensitive to the needs of our industry, I think you could use some sensitivity training (LOL and kidding)

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #179 on: Dec 08, 2004, 02:25 »
Hey there BIERCORT.    Lighten up a little.
I know that YOU have never complained about anything.
I thought you were a moderator.
There was nothing moderate in your comments.

As to "THE MERGER" there are a lot of us skeptics out here in  the real world of seeing is believing .

Old HP

Sure I have complained, but you know what?  It didn't change a thing.
Being a moderator doesn't mean that I have to use touch-feely, politically correct language - or that I have to keep my opinions to myself.

The problem with skeptics is that they have to be disappointed to be correct.  Maybe YOU should lighten up.  If things are so stinkin' bad with Bartlett now, how can they do anything but get better?  There are a lot of us optimists in this world too.  We generally buy fewer antacid tablets than the skeptics do.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #180 on: Dec 08, 2004, 04:50 »
BC, why are you beating around the bush? Just tell us how you really feel. ;D

alphadude

« Reply #181 on: Dec 31, 2004, 12:18 »
no way they bought BNFL american.... BNFLs greatest assest was the supercompactor and that got trashed. we tried to convince BNFL to go into the waste management business with K33 and the compactor. perfect combination - but poor management ruled.  good luck on BNFL- not worth the money.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #182 on: Jan 06, 2005, 06:52 »
sew, did bartlett figger out how to do direct deposit yet? 
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #183 on: Jan 07, 2005, 11:57 »
sew, did bartlett figger out how to do direct deposit yet? 

kinda, sorta, not really... :D they (finance types) tells me that they be slowly implamenting it over the next year or so... :o
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #184 on: Jan 07, 2005, 03:38 »
Yea, but why take it away from those people who already had it, like for 4 years.

Why say long term people can have it, but short term people (refueling outage) cant have it.

This really makes stinks! But it's just my opinion. 8)
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #185 on: Jan 07, 2005, 05:37 »
Yea, but why take it away from those people who already had it, like for 4 years.
Why say long term people can have it, but short term people (refueling outage) cant have it.
This really makes stinks! But it's just my opinion. 8)

Dunno, I'm not in the financial part of this buisness - all I know is that as of now you are no longer being paid by Numanco out of OK or Reno, or wherever they generated payroll from.  Now you are being paid out of Plymouth, so everything has to be redone and reset on all of the the rollovers.  I dont understand why long term folk get it and short term folk don't - that doesnt make sense to me - long termers will have local bank accounts and such in the area where-as an outage tech is in and out before you can say "I would like to open an account", but thats thier (thier being finance) policy.  I agree, it does stink- but with any transition there will always "things" that people don't like or agree with, in this case it be the policy regarding direct deposit.  I am fully on your side with this and have continued to ask and voice my opinion.  the answer I am getting now is that over the next  year or so they will be implementing DD throughout the whole orginization for both long termers and short termers alike - and hell they'll even be offering it to us here in the office (who as of todays date don't currently have it) - all I can do is ask ya to hang tight and be patient. 
Take it slow.

EFB
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2005, 05:40 by Eric_Bartlett »
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #186 on: Jan 07, 2005, 09:59 »
Thanks for your timely response Eric, maybe oneday I'll have something nice to say about our new company, maybe the day direct deposit is considered a company benefit for the people who travel around the country, working so the people in the office can have a job.

But I do thank you for your quick response, if nothing else you have been out here on this board responding to every issue thrown your way.

That's more than I can say for some of the people that, through this merger-only being concerned with where they land, feet first when the dust finally settles.

Your my first Bartlett Hero! 8)

oldtimer

« Reply #187 on: Jan 09, 2005, 07:03 »
 If there is no direct deposit, will something be set up in the area of the plant for cashing checks? A check is no good unless it can be converted to something a tech can use to buy gas, food & pay the rent with.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #188 on: Jan 10, 2005, 09:14 »
  ...will something be set up in the area of the plant for cashing checks?...

Typically yes.

alphadude

« Reply #189 on: Jan 11, 2005, 04:24 »
didnt know direct deposit was so hairy.... hmmm 

oh yea the ham and the sweater .... i left them on my desk in K33 didnt u see them LD5030... right next to the bone us checks.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #190 on: Jan 13, 2005, 04:11 »
Typically Yes?   ::)

That sounds like a maybe!   :-X

How's it going EB?  Been a while!

RG

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #191 on: Jan 13, 2005, 06:45 »

kinda, sorta, not really... :D they (finance types) tells me that they be slowly implamenting it over the next year or so... :o

dang, dude!  it ain't rocket science!  it's a lot more favorable to the employer too, as he (pc incorrect, eye noe) doesn't have to listen to his site supervisors complain about the techs not having any money.  just put the d.d. paperwork in with the application/security paperwork.  it's a natural, the security paperwork is inquiring as to financials anyway, isn't it?  duh.......

oldtimer

« Reply #192 on: Feb 10, 2005, 04:20 »
 :D If you go as a returnee to a contract job previously owned by Numanco, make sure you get everything in writing.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #193 on: Feb 11, 2005, 10:47 »
YEP! Big Blue is back to their old tricks, even trying to invent some new ones on the way.

For all those out there, that believe the old Numanco will somehow improve the Big Blue Beast of the Nuclear World, dont say you were not warned.

My friend, we have an entire Outage Workforce, told that per diem would finally be paid at (U know where), told this last year. So......................they staffed all three of their outages this spring, no problem, for Big Blue.

For the Techs however, no holiday pay for anything (Numanco old contract rules), no travel pay per diem if traveling over 8 hours (Bartlett old forever rules), no per diem for anyone working the outage, regradless what they were told when recruited, everyone points at each other; "it's their fault"(this is the I believe in the Easter Bunny syndrome).

Some person was supposed to sign the last signature last December for the "NEW Contract", when he returns from the Bermuda Tranigle maybe he will.

But this could be a very good thing in the end, once the "old Numanco" contract expires, maybe some new company, who can be counted on to do the right thing by their techs will get some nice contracts, and we will burn up their fax machine with resumes'.

Because the 1st of those 3 outages has yet to start, and ANYONE who will listen will know, "We are here because we said we would support your outage, but we have had our money messed with, had our holidays taken away from your contract and we are plain pissed off. When noone comes to your outage anymore, for better money else where, well at least you will know, we are somewhere where the utility does not allow us to be messed with"

Then again, maybe nobody cares, except those of us who dont like to see their friends lied to. The Truth is out There, just dont count on Big Blue to tell it to you!

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2005, 11:07 by Dream Tarheel »

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #194 on: Feb 13, 2005, 04:18 »
Tarheel,

Sounds like your going to do the Utility a favor?  I'm sure after you do an assignment for them and your layed off, they keep in touch with you and do all kinds of favors for you.......RIGHT!  If the utility is going to sit quietly by and allow a contract company to dictate the wages, benefits and conditions of employment, then the Utility is Responsible!  Looks like the people doing you the favors, are the same people shoveling the dung! 

Your word is only as good as their word, both unwritten!

Have a Great Day, RG!

ageoldtech

« Reply #195 on: Mar 07, 2005, 04:03 »
I wonder if I will ever get the money I was cheated out of!!!!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #196 on: Mar 08, 2005, 06:00 »

roflmao!  oh mercy, that was a good 'un!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #197 on: Mar 09, 2005, 04:38 »
I know I shouldn't take the bait, but I just cant help myself...

what money would that be?  If you really think we cheated you out of money give me a call and give me some details to back up your accusation.  With out the facts your just blow'n smoke up everyones proverbial $&%es.  So if you get a chance, and you can back-up your claim,  call me.  If not, oh well.  Either way kudos for draw'n me out after more than a month of keep'n quiet.

Eric

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #198 on: Mar 09, 2005, 04:41 »
Welcome back Eric, I have missed your postings. Oh, and I do love Bartlett, they allow my hubby to bring home the bacon and have provided my son with start in the business.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #199 on: Mar 09, 2005, 04:48 »
Should this thread be split into "I love Bartlett" and "Spouse loves Bartlett"?
My wife is quite fond of that statement from Bartlett as well.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?