Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Talk about Bartlett  

Author Topic: Talk about Bartlett  (Read 370250 times)

RAD-GHOST

Re: Bartlett
« Reply #100 on: Nov 03, 2004, 06:54 »
Eric,

Yes you happen to be the biggest at this time, but far from the ONLY!  I remember a few others who held the title, Rad, IRM, NSSI, CE, Numanco and the list goes on.  Anybody see the common connection?  Each one, in their own time, sitting on a staff of a thousand or better, raking in the bucks. 

A couple of weeks ago, you make the statement that you didn't want to cheat the companies customers.  Maybe you have lost touch with who your customers really are?  Although your company sells our services, you don't own the product!  As a recruiter, or a salesman by another name, you should remember which customers to put first, the others didn't! 

The Techs, The Techs, The Techs!  It always seems like the best excuse!  Accountable and Responsible, it always seems to be a one sided concept, directed at the Technicians.  You quote the Techs as being proffessionals, yet you don't want to hear anything they have to say!  I've heard some techs tell me about the pre-departure phone calls of cancelled jobs, eight week outages with pan out to four weeks of work and the memories of oversea's jobs that never materialized! Sometime, one has to wonder if they weren't part of staffing game, used to manipulate the other players, usually at their own expense!  Why don't you put it in WRITTING?  Why hesitate, if your honestly selling something, there shouldn't be any resistance to a written contract, after all it protects you also!  

As far as the Techs yelling about past mistakes, like you said, your company does have to prove itself!  Like your company, sometimes it takes a long time!  That seems rather rediculous to hold a grudge that long.  Maybe they have a computer in front of them, such as yourself, and they can archieve your companies past performance!  Of course there entries would be generic in nature!  It could show past performance rating, written by people you don't know, or never worked for.  Quit the job, for returning home to be with you family member, who is in the hospital.  No Show, due to home front factors requiring your immediate attention.  It's much easier and saves a lot of hard drive space, if you just enter generic codes, such as Quit, No Show, Fired!

How about the company representatives?  You know the management types?  You also know the ones I'm talking about!  Funny how a techs name will surface a couple of times, in the office, and they are considered a problem child.  The hundreds of phone calls on the disfunctional manager seem to be overlooked!  I assume that being a manager, renders some form of amnesty in all cases!  Again, no Responsibility or Accountability!  Probably just horror stories. RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

The speculated, or soon to be finalized purchase of number two, poses some interesting concepts.  You'll own the contracts, but not the people!  I'm wondering what is going to happen to your loyal followers?  Afterall, the ones loyal to you, aren't really the customers your interested in, it's the ones that aren't working for you that hold the most value!  Like you said, if it weren't for the competition, you wouldn't have anywhere to recruit from!  Another interesting concept will be the staffing commitments.  After all, if there's no competition, who, or what can you blame?  If even a small number of Technicians refuse to join your club and your company doesn't meet it's staffing commitments, what message will that send?  It will be interesting!

I got to fly, I'm working for the other Guy, RG!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #101 on: Nov 03, 2004, 09:10 »
Eric,

Yes you happen to be the biggest at this time, but far from the ONLY!  I remember a few others who held the title, Rad, IRM, NSSI, CE, Numanco and the list goes on.  Anybody see the common connection?  Each one, in their own time, sitting on a staff of a thousand or better, raking in the bucks. 

A couple of weeks ago, you make the statement that you didn't want to cheat the companies customers.  Maybe you have lost touch with who your customers really are?  Although your company sells our services, you don't own the product!  As a recruiter, or a salesman by another name, you should remember which customers to put first, the others didn't! 

The Techs, The Techs, The Techs!  It always seems like the best excuse!  Accountable and Responsible, it always seems to be a one sided concept, directed at the Technicians.  You quote the Techs as being proffessionals, yet you don't want to hear anything they have to say!  I've heard some techs tell me about the pre-departure phone calls of cancelled jobs, eight week outages with pan out to four weeks of work and the memories of oversea's jobs that never materialized! Sometime, one has to wonder if they weren't part of staffing game, used to manipulate the other players, usually at their own expense!  Why don't you put it in WRITTING?  Why hesitate, if your honestly selling something, there shouldn't be any resistance to a written contract, after all it protects you also! 

As far as the Techs yelling about past mistakes, like you said, your company does have to prove itself!  Like your company, sometimes it takes a long time!  That seems rather rediculous to hold a grudge that long.  Maybe they have a computer in front of them, such as yourself, and they can archieve your companies past performance!  Of course there entries would be generic in nature!  It could show past performance rating, written by people you don't know, or never worked for.  Quit the job, for returning home to be with you family member, who is in the hospital.  No Show, due to home front factors requiring your immediate attention.  It's much easier and saves a lot of hard drive space, if you just enter generic codes, such as Quit, No Show, Fired!

How about the company representatives?  You know the management types?  You also know the ones I'm talking about!  Funny how a techs name will surface a couple of times, in the office, and they are considered a problem child.  The hundreds of phone calls on the disfunctional manager seem to be overlooked!  I assume that being a manager, renders some form of amnesty in all cases!  Again, no Responsibility or Accountability!  Probably just horror stories. RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

The speculated, or soon to be finalized purchase of number two, poses some interesting concepts.  You'll own the contracts, but not the people!  I'm wondering what is going to happen to your loyal followers?  Afterall, the ones loyal to you, aren't really the customers your interested in, it's the ones that aren't working for you that hold the most value!  Like you said, if it weren't for the competition, you wouldn't have anywhere to recruit from!  Another interesting concept will be the staffing commitments.  After all, if there's no competition, who, or what can you blame?  If even a small number of Technicians refuse to join your club and your company doesn't meet it's staffing commitments, what message will that send?  It will be interesting!

I got to fly, I'm working for the other Guy, RG!

RG - dont take offense but I think you have to calm down - getting a little exited nowadays  ;D

Never said we are the only one, and wether you agree with me or not I do try to put the techs 1st and formost, becuz as I've said before without them we dont exist.  As far as holding people accountable, is that such a bad idea, we get held accountable all the time - some one doesnt like how something went with us, they go and work for some one else (a concept you advocate all the time) - yes we do provide a service and no we dont own it, you do as technicians - If I didnt believe that I wouldn't be on here typing away in discussions about all of this.
As far as pre-departure phone calls, 8 weekers turned into 4 weeks, promises, etc... -I admit all of that has happened - all of it out of our control.  If a utility cancels slots due to budgetary reason there is nothing we can do about that except give anyone affected first priority to get them somewhere else.  8 weekers turned into 4, all I can say is we quote what is said to us by our clients - most experienced techs know that in any outage lay-offs come fast and most when setting up thier run will take this into account and try and string things along -and yes I admit there are times when an outage lays-off alot sooner than expected thus catch'n both the techs and us off guard - promises of overseas work - we try to break into new markets, not allways successful, but we still try.

When someone no shows, quits, gets fired - we do take into account thier personnal circumstances - some one quits to take care of family problems, we have no problem with it, until of course we recive an emloyment verification to badge them at a site that is no where near that problem, Hmmmm then we still try to give them the benefit - whats that old saying "fool me once shame on you, foolme twice shame on me" - we try to give the benefit of the doubt to everyone, and then some - no showing due to home front factors, just give us a call let us know whats up, leave a message on our voice mail - in my mind not that hard, and I admith there are extenuating circumstances when some get caught upin the situation where thay can't get to a phone or forget to cal, it all gets worked out.  Your right it would save space with generic codes, but we have plenty of room, and like to get our documentation right.

As far as company reps, I consider myself a rep, and as I've stated numerous times - if you have a problem with someone feel free to contact me or anyone else here in the office, if you have a problem with me go higher. All of our reps, be they field personnel or office, are held accountable by upper mangement- under the "old" regime we in the office, and the reps in the field, were always guilty until we proved ourselves innocent - the techs side was always taken first - why? becauz with out techs there is no us.  It is still my belief and experience that that method of reasoning still holds true.  By the way you typed this part of your disertation you seemed quite impassioned about accountability for our managers/reps - I know who you had a problem with, we've been over it again and again, as I've said before certain people make thier own problems and truthfully thats where I would have to catagorize you RG - I know you dont agree with me on that, but at least we've agreed to disagree, - it wont stop me from hiring you, it may stop you from wanting to work for us, and that I do regret.   As far as owning contracts - no quite true.  Any client can severe any contract on a whim, we've never owned the people, and never claimed to - all we can do is try our best to get techs where they want to go, thus staffing our clients - or in simpler terms try and keep the techs happy, our clients happy, and our management happy, piece of cake? maybe not, but it keeps me busy.  Time will tell how this all plays out.  best of luck to ya, may you all have a prosperous and happy season (whats left of it).

gotta jet, I still work here - tell the other guy I said hi  ;)

Eric

« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2004, 11:46 by Eric_Bartlett »
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline jkj

• Light User
« Reply #102 on: Nov 03, 2004, 12:22 »

When I look into my crystal ball, I see Bartlett getting HUGE, really REALLY huge in the next 10 years.  I see them Becoming a "real" professional services company, staffing all disciplines, not just Engineers and janitors, and HPs, and craft.  I see the net worth of the company moving by a "significant digit" (x10) in the next 10 years.  -- For the non-business types, that is HUGE.

Time will tell. Anyway, "..and janitors, and HPs,.." ? That's redundant, ain't it? ???
Words fail me and pictures aren't much better.

"Never take no cut-offs, and hurry along as fast as you can."-- (Virginia Reed; member of Donner party.)

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #103 on: Nov 03, 2004, 06:24 »
I would like to add my $2 worth about the above posts.

I started with Bartlett in 1987. I can tell you all the usual stories, I have been on the black list with the 'tree' by my name on the computer. (remember Judy?!) I can tell all the good, bad, and ugly stories. Others have and still do.

My point is this.  When has anyone heard from a company rep, in this case Eric, not only respond, but do it publicly.

He seems  to want to see all sides and tries to be the one we always wanted to be able to look to for help, advice, etc.

To me, Eric is doing a great public relations job.
I am not working for Bartlett right now, but expect to at a later time, and look forward to it.

PS. another good Bartlett recruiter is Anne. She is easy to talk with and is glad that you called her.      (again, not like Judy)

So, even though things are not what we want, it looks like there is a small light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #104 on: Nov 03, 2004, 07:16 »
I would like to add my $2 worth about the above posts.

I started with Bartlett in 1987. I can tell you all the usual stories, I have been on the black list with the 'tree' by my name on the computer. (remember Judy?!) I can tell all the good, bad, and ugly stories. Others have and still do.

My point is this.  When has anyone heard from a company rep, in this case Eric, not only respond, but do it publicly.

He seems  to want to see all sides and tries to be the one we always wanted to be able to look to for help, advice, etc.

To me, Eric is doing a great public relations job.
I am not working for Bartlett right now, but expect to at a later time, and look forward to it.

PS. another good Bartlett recruiter is Anne. She is easy to talk with and is glad that you called her.      (again, not like Judy)

So, even though things are not what we want, it looks like there is a small light at the end of the tunnel.

Amen Brother, Amen.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #105 on: Nov 03, 2004, 09:32 »
I agree too.  Eric has done a lot just here on Nukeworker to shed some light on the way things work in Plymouth. 

I can testify that he will try to make things right when a job is cancelled, etc.

RG and I seem to be on opposite sides of the pole about this one issue.  Perhaps you have had a bad experience with Bartlett in the past, but you also have to own up to your own part in whatever happened.

If you and I were both supposed to work an outage, and I was a no show, you might not think much of it.  But a month later, when the job you want is staffed without you, you'd feel pretty pissed to find out that I was where you wanted to be

My point is that there is another accountability that hasn't been mentioned.  The company is accountable to uphold some standards of fairness.  It's just not fair to let people get away with things that others wouldn't try.  You might think that you are being too severely punished for something, but others would feel cheated if you weren't.

I'll give you another hypothetical.  For years I've heard bitching about things like losing per diem for taking a sick day.  Funny thing is that most of the times, that was the same day that the tech was asking to have off - the same day of the big "whatever" that they were talking about since the job started.  If you make it obvious that you are lying - if you practically telegraph your dishonest intentions - you ought to expect the inevitable consequences.  All the other techs might nod in agreement when you cry foul, but in their hearts they are glad you got stuck for leaving them short-handed.  They're glad you didn't get paid for not doing the work that they did.

Just about every one of us can tell a tale of woe.  Boo Hoo.  All I know is that I have never been punished by Bartlett, or any other company, for doing what I was supposed to do.  They have never put me on the blacklist for being where I said I would go.  I never got DSP for staying until I was released.  Nobody has ever fired me (and I've been fired a few times in my life) for something I didn't have a big part in.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

alphadude

« Reply #106 on: Nov 05, 2004, 11:44 »
I think bartlett already does staffing in engineering areas. besides there are lots of other RAT companies, SEC, ACTS, AEROTEC, Kelly, SAIC, Auxier, and several more that slips my mind.  Bartlett may try to control the utility end of it but thats business and if the client is not happy they will look else where or demand change from the vendor.  As far as pay goes-whatever the market wil bear. Pay has already risen due to DOE demand, now that Bush is re-elected that demand may drop as he cuts clean up funds to pay for the war. Funding for this year was released in October so RCT demands will stay at last years levels.   The demand will be steady in the areas of nuke weapons-(baby nukes and H3 production). D&D demand will drop sharly in 2006 as the last major projects will come to a close and there are no more power plants slated for D&D.  Mothballing is the method of choice under the Bush adminstration unless the risk is high.  DOE clean up is slated to end near the end of the Bush adminstration so expect tech demand to drop to the lowest levels in since 1988 or so.

FULTS11

« Reply #107 on: Nov 05, 2004, 04:09 »
 What bothers me about the sale is we are now down to basically one company again, yes there are a bunch of little guys out there but come on can they really compete, no? It doesn’t matter who that one company is, Bartlett, Numanco, or ACME we are now at there mercy, I am not saying that if it was anybody else it would be different it’s the nature of business. They have the work and if we want it we will have to do what they say,  ”Want to go to your home plant? Fine but we need you to go here for a few weeks. What you cant, well that’s ok we understand”…………weeks later you get “Oh im not sure why they didn’t except your resume we submitted it.” And yes this has happened to me when there were several companies out there. We can turn down work, but hell we have to eat.

Then there is the question of accountability. I have no problem being held accountable for my actions, the issue is most of these people with these company’s make it personal and not business, they put themselves on a pedestal and no matter how you perform if your not in the click then your out.

And Eric if you’re willing to answer I can give you specifics.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #108 on: Nov 05, 2004, 04:41 »
Rich,
You and I are sitting in the catbird seat with our management jobs.  So, we've obviously broken free of those old worries for the time being.
I hear the things you have to say about some of those power mad control freaks in the "office".  But, I think you're going to have at least one of those in every company no matter how many there are.
As far as getting into the "in crowd" goes, I don't think I was ever that close to the center of the social circle, but I always got the work I wanted.  I don't drink and party with the bosses, and I don't take crappy jobs just to suck up... yet I haven't been cheated out of work.
Once or twice, a recruiter goofed up and caused me to change plans, but it wasn't malicious.  (Yeah, Eric, I'm talkin' 'bout you.)

By the way, I do agree with what you said about companies like the Atlantic group trying to supply craft and HP to the same job.  I think there would be too much pressure to turn your back on some things, if you thought your job was threatened.  Officially, they would never condone that, but it's hard to see it that way when you are the one on the spot.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #109 on: Nov 05, 2004, 04:47 »
...And Eric if you’re willing to answer I can give you specifics.

I'm sure you can Rich... sorry you have this sense of forboding about the whole deal.  Give me a shout when your wrapp'n up in Illinois and we'll see what we can or can't do to alleviate your worries...

Eric

The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #110 on: Nov 05, 2004, 04:53 »
...Once or twice, a recruiter goofed up and caused me to change plans, but it wasn't malicious.  (Yeah, Eric, I'm talkin' 'bout you.)...

come on now, your pull'n the guilt trip on me  ;D - I still feel bad 'bout that whole Illinois deal...

Eric

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #111 on: Nov 05, 2004, 07:37 »
Any prospects of any overseas work opening up for 'Big Blue" ?

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #112 on: Nov 05, 2004, 09:12 »

come on now, your pull'n the guilt trip on me  ;D - I still feel bad 'bout that whole Illinois deal...

Eric

Don't give it another thought.  I got to go to Prairie Island instead.  Fortunately, it was the last two outages under the old RPM, and I loved every minute of it.

BTW, I'm working at Dresden at the moment.  That little problem seems to have existed only in the opinion of that one blockhead.

Anyway, that wasn't the goof up I was talking about.  I was referring to the time you forgot to switch me from Dresden to TMI.  But, that turned out okay too.  I went to Hope Creek instead.  There are lots of great people there as well.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2004, 09:14 by Beer Court »

NascarTerry

« Reply #113 on: Nov 06, 2004, 07:00 »
Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening Gang and Gangettes.. ;)
Being as how I haven't been in the Commercial side of things since 93, I really don't have a firm base on which to address this issue on a "Today" basis. But if you'll all bear with me fer just a few minutes I'd like to do a little reminising..... I only had three dealings with the "Bartlett" machince in my 11 years out there, and sorry to say.....Got burned all three times. But who out there even today can stand up and say they've never taken it in the Butt, so to speak, from any headhunter outfit.. (Do ya'll still call em' that??) Hell I still remember the infamous Joe Worley Statement: "You'll NEVER work in this industry AGAIN!!" Usually you'd hear that one as you were leaving the house to go to the next outage. :D
Why even "Uncle Bruce" has been known to use that phrase before. But I apologize for the rambling....
I've been trying to stay abreast of this situation concerning the "One Company" thing just for my own interest...And I have to say, if the new mentality of the Bartlett machine is being manifested by Eric then I am impressed. I wish that when I was running the road the "Outfits" I worked for were like that. I applaude you Eric, and give you Karma, for your efforts here on NukeWorker to try to explain situations that arise and the concerns following them. As I said...I tried Bartlett three times in my career, and swore Never Again....But if they are starting to swing the attitudes as Eric is showing, I would have to admit....If I was still out there...I just might give em' a shot once again.  8) *By the way Eric... I am currently working up here in Idaho... hint...hint, always open to offers*  ;D.
Anyway....I'll quit taking up everyones time...As I said.....I tend to ramble when reminiscing....Just an Old Road Dog thing I guess. Just a note in closing though....There has always been the "One COmpany" threat....Even from way back and it's always worked out. Just keep doing your job...Do it the best that you can possibly do, protect your worker bees, and never NOT ENJOY the job.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #114 on: Nov 06, 2004, 08:05 »
I appologize, I modified my posting to conform to the standards. 

Fool me once, shame on you!  Fool me twice, shame on me!

Here's another one:

Those who do not learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it!

Have a Great Weekend!  RG

I LOVE BARTLETT....ERIC"S THE BEST
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2004, 06:36 by RAD-GHOST »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #115 on: Nov 06, 2004, 09:07 »
RAD-GHOST,

The topic is "Bartlett Buying Numanco".  Your message was not about that.. so... you are off topic.  Please do not hijack threads with other topics and agendas.  You are free to speak your mind.  But stay on topic.  It's fine to hate bartlett, it is also ok to tell the world what you think (Because you do it within the rules... ie no libel, etc).

But you have to stay on topic.  If your message has a direct berring on this subject, fine.  -- And this goes for EVERYONE reliving the past and posting off topic.  If it DIRECTLY RELATES TO THIS SUBJECT, fine.  If you just want to talk about the past... good, bad, or indifferent... save it for another thread.

The Topic "One Company" might work.  But I would suggent you start a new thread, with the corect topic for your subject.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2005, 03:10 by RDTroja »

Jr8black3

« Reply #116 on: Nov 06, 2004, 07:13 »
 There are lots of options, hey if your unhappy as an HP then do other work, some of the D&D projects pay more for D&D techs then HP's.. Plus it opens other avenues, how many HP's have ever been a fuel handler? So don't sit there and whine and cry about things get off your butt, and prove you can do other things...Kinda scary that some HP's might have to work for a living, work is such a hard word for them to swallow...

So when one company is formed, the people that work survive, the ones that don't lose!!!

It's pretty simple, the free ride is over for the lazy techs

halflifer

« Reply #117 on: Nov 08, 2004, 07:08 »

It's pretty simple, the free ride is over for the lazy techs

Would that it were true, bro. But I've worked for Bartlett with techs so lazy they sent the workers up to take their smears and wipes in overhead areas and had them toss them down.
It isn't necessarily the good worker who survives....it's often the good schmoozer.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #118 on: Nov 08, 2004, 11:33 »
But I've worked for Bartlett with techs so lazy they sent the workers up to take their smears and wipes in overhead areas and had them toss them down.

So where did we work together?   ;)

Seriously, there have been a lot of jobs where I was running my butt off chasing 8 or 10 crews (esp. in the past 6 or 8 years since de-reg and the resulting cuts in staffing) where I was more than happy to have the worker take a smear or two for me.  Guess you can start calling me "UncaLazy"...   :D
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

halflifer

« Reply #119 on: Nov 08, 2004, 01:05 »

So where did we work together?   ;)

Seriously, there have been a lot of jobs where I was running my butt off chasing 8 or 10 crews (esp. in the past 6 or 8 years since de-reg and the resulting cuts in staffing) where I was more than happy to have the worker take a smear or two for me.  Guess you can start calling me "UncaLazy"...   :D

OK, I don't 'run my butt off chasing.....' I'll cover 8 or 10 crews if that's what they want, but they'd  better be planning on spending some time waiting in a low dose area.
It doesn't endear me to management, but I won't let their poor planning goad me into compromising the quality of the coverage I provide.
The workers deserve better.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #120 on: Nov 08, 2004, 01:34 »
I won't let their poor planning goad me into compromising the quality of the coverage I provide.

Okay, I'll bite...

I guess I HAVE to disagree with you about the intellectual level of the average nuclear plant worker.  I do NOT feel that most workers are too dumb to rub a piece of masslinn over an I-beam, so don't feel that "the quality of coverage" is lowered when they take the smear vs. me taking the smear.

We're not talking about system breaches or 'Real' job coverage here...we're talking about having a good enough grip on overall conditions in the CTMT (or drywell) AND the job-scope of the work group to feel comfortable letting them work based on a teletector reading I took and a smear they took.

I do it all the time...sorry if you feel I have violated a sacred trust.

We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #121 on: Nov 08, 2004, 02:51 »

OK, I don't 'run my butt off chasing.....' I'll cover 8 or 10 crews if that's what they want, but they'd  better be planning on spending some time waiting in a low dose area.
It doesn't endear me to management, but I won't let their poor planning goad me into compromising the quality of the coverage I provide.
halflifer, I'm gonna agree with ya up to a point.  Having worked with and around Unca Buffalo for a majority of the past ten years, I'm gonna tell ya, nobody's job coverage is being compromised if he's covering the job.  Not everyone
can pull it off (multiple jobs), but trust me, this dude can.
Now, having said that, I agree with you also as far as making people wait in line in the low dose areas.  There are limits to what management should expect out of people.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #122 on: Nov 08, 2004, 04:16 »
I agree with you also as far as making people wait in line in the low dose areas.  There are limits to what management should expect out of people.

And when you have reached (or are approaching) that 'limit', the supervisors need to be notified so THEY can either send more techs or be ready to take the heat for work being held up.

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #123 on: Nov 09, 2004, 08:36 »
OK, I know this has been said many times before but now is the time it could have the most impact. If (huge word) contract HP techs would state their price and work for nothing less it could be possible for the wage that alot of people seem to be complaining about can and would go up.

With approximatly 30 - 40 outages next spring and the tech pool at around 700 in nuke power, I think a minimum for a senior tech should be $26.00/hr and $90.00/day PD. For local techs - $40.00/hr. Remember this is a minimum rate and I just pulled these numbers out of the air along with some commrads watching me type this. I realize some plants are probably already paying this and then some.

This shouldn't be unreasonable and BNI can certainly negotiate it and still make money. You don't have to form a union just state your price and work for nothing less. There WILL be a tech shortage in the spring unless better wages pull some of our DOE companions to da nukes. This is even a better oppertunity than the last fatefull attempt. Remember we now have less techs, one company, and probably last chance.

Unless your a house tech don't think your not in danger. Don't do "nothing".

Oh yea! I don't think RomE is a gators fan. He owes to much money to FSU.

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2004, 09:07 by idrum4food »

alphadude

« Reply #124 on: Nov 09, 2004, 09:22 »
When one company is formed, I'll form my own company and use the mistakes that big monopolies make to benefit my company.

Auxier is a good role model example. They demand high quality and skills from thier techs and they reward.  A single company like "Bartco. or Numanlett"  with large staff is in no position to maintain high quality, at best they can be middle of the road. Last I knew, utilities had to go low bid as long as specs are maintained..soooo... the bigger they are, the harder they fall..

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?